Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Cut T-shirts

repeatclicks

Practically Family
Are available at Uniqlo, of all places. Their Crew Neck 3-Packs have a nice thin/round collar and shorter sleeves. They have a great fit and give you the measurements right on the package for each size. They are nice and long too so you can tuck them in! And 100% cotton.

They come in white or a trio of black, charcoal and grey. £6.99 per pack of 3.

They have other colours as well, but I dont know how those fit.

They also have a massive selection of mens socks in every colour and tonal gradation you can think of, and this is just their crew socks! They carry nice argyle ones too. The ones in these photo are both solid and some have this great mixture of white with another colour, think like tv fuzz/static.

photo0081f.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Interesting tip, I must look into those. Never had a T shirt from Uniqlo, but I do have several pairs of their Argyle socks - very pleased with them. They tend to work out at, I think, about six quid for three pairs. Not as cheap as the bundle of socks for a fiver from the supermarket, but a step up in terms of quality. The only t-shirt type garment I have from Uniqlo is a long-sleeved, black and grey horizontally striped affair; pleasing quality at a low outlay. I just hope they're not seriously exploiting somebody somewhere to put their stuff out at those prices, though to the best of my knowledge, they have not as of yet been labelled as a significant offender in that area, unlike some.

I've been a fan of Sainsburys bits and pieces for some time. Not the undershorts (very comfy, but alas the stitching doesn't see great - the seams open quickly; stick to Marksies), but the vests are great. Two of what we would call a regular vest (in US parlance, an 'A' shirt) for a fiver, or six quid for two in a T shirt shape. I've got quite abundle of those I've picked up over the last three years - I think the quality is actuall improved on the latest packaging variant version. This is not the "basics" one, but the "TU" line. Also worth a look are the regular TU T shirts at £3.50 a pop (crew or v neck available) in a wide range of colours. Machine wash like a dream; I have a whole clatter of the black ones, and after two years they hold their colour superbly. Big bonus: they're certified Fair Trade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy