Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Eastman SFAD B3 size 42R

Snackson

Familiar Face
You may well be right John, I am not sure. I always thought F&F meant a payment for a non-service, like a gift. That would seem hard to dispute and have refunded to you? I am not sure though, I am certainly no expert as I have demonstrated :)

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
PayPal buyers protection does not cover money transfers between f&f. That means there is no way a buyer can file a claim. That also means PayPal cannot touch the money anymore after the funds have been transferred. In that sense, PP F&F is safer than PayPal with buyers protection.

I'm sure this is why Lebowski insisted on using PayPal with buyers protection when he wanted to buy my Thedi. With f&f, there was no way he could reclaim his money.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
PayPal buyers protection does not cover money transfers between f&f. That means there is no way a buyer can file a claim. That also means PayPal cannot touch the money anymore after the funds have been transferred. In that sense, PP F&F is safer than PayPal with buyers protection.

I'm sure this is why Lebowski insisted on using PayPal with buyers protection when he wanted to buy my Thedi. With f&f, there was no way he could reclaim his money.
That's exactly the same I know and I'm 100% sure that you don't have a right as buyer when you send money via family and friends as PayPal clearly states that this is no payment for goods, etc. Except one case when I bought an IWC watch (I lost 5.2k....) I only made good experience with PayPal family and friends as buyer. I rarely use standard PayPal when selling watches - it happened this Summer again that I sold a watch through Ebay and buyer claimed that it is not in 100% working condition (it was not true) and it ended up that he got a partial refund as I had no time to properly react (return of watch) as it was 2 days before Summer holidays....it was another lesson for me. Even though I still trust in people I bought my recent two leather jackets (RMC B3 from John Lever) through PayPal family and friendly. I also think that bad persons (scammers like lebowsky) are sooner or later getting their deserved punishment and honest people like 99% of us here on TFL get other positive things in their lives (money is not the most important things) what probably persons like @Lebowski will never have in their lives (e.g. love and recognition from other people)....OK I'm stopping with this esoteric stuff right now ;)

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I also think that bad persons (scammers like lebowsky) are sooner or later getting their deserved punishment and honest people like 99% of us here on TFL get other positive things in their lives
I believe Lebowski was just one rotten apple and I hope his actions will not affect the way we exchange our goods here at the Classifieds.
Unfortunately this wasn't the first time Lebowski scammed one of the loungers. I think we could have stopped him earlier if we would have come forward with our negative experiences. I'm not saying we should go naming and shaming. But it might be a good idea to always report fellow lounger's 'strange' behavior with the bartenders / moderators.

I believe Lebowski was just one rotten apple and I hope his actions will not affect the way we exchange our goods here at the Classifieds.
Unfortunately this wasn't the first time Lebowski scammed one of the loungers. I think we could have stopped him earlier if we would have come forward with our negative experiences. I'm not saying we should go naming and shaming. But it might be a good idea to always report fellow lounger's 'strange' behavior with the bartenders / moderators.
I wouldn't have a problem with a "Villains thread" like they have on the IH site. If you can't conduct your biz like a pro, others deserve to hear about it. I suppose the problem could be that it becomes a "peoples court" without Judge Wapner.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Someone here who has a legit jacket and wants to “donate” rather than hassle through a sale, or has something like an Eastman B-3 should look no further than Marten (Snackson) and give him first dibs on the sale at a FL brotherhood/sisterhood price. It’d be nice.

Snackson

Familiar Face
Thanks so much for the support gentlemen! Really appreciated and heart warming. No need for more jackets for me, I seem to still have plenty of them, even a slightly modified B3 that John will remember (with a grimace) from VLJ :rolleyes:
And it is cold here this week, so I actually get to use them. Stay safe and thanks again.

Micawber

A-List Customer
What a sad state of affairs. Looking back through my messages since I re-registered on VLJ I can see we had a few PM exchanges a couple of years ago to discuss how I had refinished some of my A-2's and in particular a J A Dubow from Platon. During the exchanges he referred to a GW I had for sale then so I'm obviously glad that particular line got no further. He always signed off as "Tony" and stated he lived in Ekaterinburg, Russia.

Kunja

Practically Family
My deal with him was the only low point I have had so far here on TFL. I sold him a vintage 40's shawl collar shearling lined police jacket last year. Upon arrival he had a lot of criticisms about wear and damage and wanted a partial refund (its an 70 some odd year old jacket and I thought I had done a good job of photographing/describing the details). But, perhaps I was the one wrong, so I asked him to send it back to me at my expense, for a full refund of purchase price and shipping upon receipt back to me, which he refused to do. In the end I gave him a lower negotiated partial refund and moved on. It ended friendly enough. But I was not happy with the experience and would not have sold anything more to him.

I guess my story is a lighter version, at least I only lost a portion of the sale. Maybe he got bolder as time went on? At any rate, beyond the scam, the thing I disliked was all of his commentary about other people's sales...the sleeves are way too short, the fit is too trim, etc. Why bother someone's sale post with these unsolicited negatives? I don't see anyone else really doing that, but I always thought those comments were petty and in bad taste.

It's totally fucked up, of course....but I hope you guys don't think that everyone in Russia is an asshole?...Also, if I ever see your jackets on Russian forums or trading platforms, I'll let you know..
Nobody would ever equate you with him Alex. You contribute to the forum and he never did. Not once. Other than some shitty comments as mentioned on stuff I don’t think he was even qualified to speak on. You on the other hand are a valued member here!

Flightengineer

Practically Family
It's totally fucked up, of course....but I hope you guys don't think that everyone in Russia is an asshole?...Also, if I ever see your jackets on Russian forums or trading platforms, I'll let you know..

I agree with you, Alex. We're all now will attentively looking, it's actually a small world and if one day Nick's lost jacket and this B3 show up here in Russia for sale, jacket's community and first owners will know about it.

Last edited:

Bennarion

One Too Many
As you all know that I am from Russia and I will tell you a little story. As soon as I registered here I bought an Aero jacket on eBay. The seller sent me some kind of tracking number, by which the parcel was already received in Yekaterinburg. Then he sent me my number tracking. By chance, I found out here in the sales ads that this was the tracking number for Lebowski and the seller was also registered here. Since I saw by the tracking number that Lebowski is from Russia, I decided to write to him and ask about the sizes of jackets from Aero, but he never answered me. I had an inner suspicion that he buys a lot of jackets here and does not show photos of how they are to him suitable. Regarding parcels to Russia, sometimes they are not tracked on the territory of Russia. If someone has not delivered parcels, send me numbers, I will try to look at them on Russian resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ