Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage half belt jacket relining advice

leafandarrow

New in Town
Ahoy fellows,

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I recently picked up this baby-good condition field and stream (Gordon & Ferguson) advertised as 40s era, suede jacket. It needs some rip repair and reconditioning. Was thinking of sending it to arrow leather care. Any folks have previous experience? While there I was thinking of having a lining made. While the jacket seems to have come without one, it seems needed given the rip locations. Any recommendations for lining material? I was thinking a heavy green silk mattress ticking fabric, tho I suppose gold acetate is period correct...

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Lots of linings are possible it depends on what you're after. I'd personally choose rayon for this but you could go cotton drill, cotton silesia, breathable polyester... Johnson Leather's in San Fran would be my pick for this work.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Johnson Leather has done some great work on my jackets, but I've had two jackets relined by Shaul at US Authentics. He did a fantastic job on both. He relined one in a quilted black rayon-type material and added a nice interior pocket. He relined a second with some wool herringbone that I bought off ebay for $5. I think it cost about $100 for each. He has a super-fast turnaround too. I will say that he's not a very talkative guy - a man of few words, but he does nice work.

leafandarrow

New in Town
Thanks guys, I contacted Johnson, and will be going with them. Nice people, seem solid.

I'll update with pics before and after.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic