Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Hat Blocks, Brim Flanges

havershaw

Practically Family
Hello again - I didn't bother putting these on eBay.

I have a few vintage hat blocks, and one that's a modified vintage block, as well as a few brim flanges.
I have no recollection as to what I paid for them. I've included some photos below and you can see the markings for yourselves. At some point (probably a decade ago!) I accumulated these with the idea of doing some blocking myself (and I did block one hat with it) but it's just something I never had time for. I actually found these in my storage (I had forgotten I had them).

The black one is special. It started life as a vintage hat block, but back in the early 2000s sometime, Steve Delk of Adventurebilt modified it with Bondo (!) to make it have straighter sides and make it more Indy-esque (and I love straight-sided hats).
At some point, he further modified the block or had custom blocks made for him, so he sold me this block.

Each block is $20, but the Delk block is $75 because that's what I paid for it years ago.
Pretty sure they're all Size 7.
One of the brim flanges is in two pieces. I'm sure wood glue would take care of it.
pm me for any details.
Trying to raise money for our yearly Disneyland trip (we thought we weren't going this year, but we've decided to try for it).
Thanks for looking!

havershaw

Practically Family
hat blocks.jpg

Attachments

• hat stuff.jpg
    hat stuff.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members