Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-Inspired clothing lines

Heather

Practically Family
I'm curious about sourpuss clothing and their site in general.. I know aubrey london on YT did a few positive reviews of their accessories. I'm in need of some vintage inspired tops for work (I'm a stylist) but can't afford to spend a ton at the moment.

http://www.sourpussclothing.com/

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
The gothy/punk line Hell Bunny has some cute dresses. I have these two below.

5105tattooflockeddress-red.jpg
Mine is fuchsia though.

51a9lSY7cnL.jpg
Mine doesn't have the pink that this one does.

Been eying these:
12706343930.jpg

41XlfxXbaZL.jpg

X
BD

ThePowderKeg

One of the Regulars
Puzzicato, I've been contemplating getting a crinoline, but hadn't started looking yet - now I know where to go!

I can't say enough good things about Heartbreaker Fashion...I ordered the Vogue pencil skirt in red and liked it so much I got a second one in olive. Good quality material and sturdy construction, plus an accurate sizing chart.

scarlett

One of the Regulars
Black Dahlia, I have the sailor pullover top by Bernie Dexter and a sarong dress. I love them both. The quality is great and they can be hand washed instead of always having to be dry cleaned.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I would quite happily wear all of the dresses on her site, they were really lovely, but yes a bit pricey for me too.

Actually i went shopping the other day and noticed alot of the shops had cat's eye sunglasses and various vintage style sunnies, i found some cute ones in Topshop which i snaffled for everyday.

User25159

New in Town
Hi Zombi! I've bought two dresses from Tara Starlet- the homefront dancing dress and the Saddle Stitch dress (which i don't think they still offer)- in recent years and i definitely feel like they're over priced for what you get. The saddle stitch dress looked ok on, but had this zipper in it that literally scraped my skin. I wore it maybe twice before i decided to sell it on Ebay. The homefront dancing dress is all right, but mine fits a little strange-- one side of the waist is fitted, and the other isn't. Usually I carry my purse on the side that isn't fitted, and no one can tell my dress has a split personality!

I had purchased both of these items about 2 years ago, so there is a chance that their quality has improved since then.

Mae Croft

Familiar Face
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I've been seriously perving on the clothing at http://puttin-on-the-ritz.net/ because it looks like real clothes, the models don't look like they're wearing costumes as a lot of repro stuff tends to these days. I've been put off by rockabilly vintage inspired stuff just because it's too short, too tight, too bright and generally looks a bit camp for a real vintage-y look. It looks sooo good on other people, but I put it on and I look like Miss Yvonne from Peewee's Playhouse! lol

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
I ordered a couple of dresses from Shabby Apple on the weekend - this one and this one. I will let you know how I get on!
I just received two skirts from Shabby Apple (which I purchased on sale thanks to "What Would Emma Pillsbury Wear?"). One is a summery dream of a pencil skirt, and the other is The Perfect Pencil Skirt: it's made of thick, structured cloth that has a late 50s/early 60s feel to it, it has a flattering fit, and last but not least, it has a giant bow in the front! Mine is black, but they come in other colors as well.

1011.jpg

1006.jpg

1008.jpg

http://www.shabbyapple.com/ http://wwepw.com/

Weston

A-List Customer
Just poked my head in to see what this was all about - clearly not for me, but is there a requirement that to post in this thread you be heart stoppingly gorgeous? Cause judging by avatars and pics, you girls have it covered!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112