Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-Inspired clothing lines

Vintage Verve

New in Town
*sigh* Zac Posen

Oh how I love Zac Posen's new line.

I have no problem with vintage 'style', as opposed to to true vintage pieces. Fragility, size and cost often prevents me from owning and wearing originals.

PS

A-List Customer
Dh wants to order me the TopRunway dress I've been lusting after and talking about for months. I have one question for you ladies. Being that it will never arrive in time for the holiday I am thinking maybe I can squeeze two from him!
When ordering custom made clothing do you take your measurements OVER your foundation garment?

Odalisque

A-List Customer
PS said:
Dh wants to order me the TopRunway dress I've been lusting after and talking about for months. I have one question for you ladies. Being that it will never arrive in time for the holiday I am thinking maybe I can squeeze two from him!
When ordering custom made clothing do you take your measurements OVER your foundation garment?

I measured over a bra but not over a girdle ( I didn't have one at the time :) ) and my orders fit fine with or without. The fabric offers a bit of stretch leeway (depending on which you choose) and that helps. I say the best idea is to measure over whichever undergarments you plan to wear most with the dress.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
From the good folks at Retro to Go....
http://www.retrotogo.com/2009/02/miami-retro-collection-at-next.html
6a00d83451cbb069e201127909e6a028a4-800wi

crazydaisy

Practically Family
That Zac Posen collection hurts:cry: It's so up my street, if not my finances...
And I absolutely agree with whirlingturban, Galliano is my favorite when it comes to creating fashion inspired form vintage eras, he's got years of fabulous collections of the kind. Love him.

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
These are cute shorts!! Remind me of 40s pleated playsuit bottoms, though shorter than they wore 'em then (right???). I'd probably need to do some walking to 'firm up' before I'd wear them... lol

PS

A-List Customer
I was watching Sabrina the other day and I know its from 1954 but Audrey was wearing some shorts during the boat scene and they were seriously short, when she came home and started to wash the car with her father, I kept expecting to get a free show.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Can anyone offer some feedback on these Vivien of Holloway trousers? Or any other items from VoH? Rather like them, especially because they are without sailor-style buttons, and I'm particularly wondering about the quality of the fabric.

2a414f365204f300b2cfa48e74567b87.jpg

40TRSwing_red02.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Have anyone from Europe bought a dress from Daddy O's? I was wondering a bout how much they charge for international shipping, I tried emailing them, but I haven't gotten an answer.

sixsexsix

Practically Family
I have bought from them - to Canada - and they shipped UPS. It was expensive and I got charged a ton in customs. Will not be ordering from them again.

TessTrueheart

Laura Chase said:
Can anyone offer some feedback on these Vivien of Holloway trousers? Or any other items from VoH? Rather like them, especially because they are without sailor-style buttons, and I'm particularly wondering about the quality of the fabric.

2a414f365204f300b2cfa48e74567b87.jpg

I haven't bought any yet, but I asked her about the fabric and she says she uses different fabrics for the different colours. E-mail her and ask about the colour your interested in. The navy and burgundy are made of a cotton drill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael