Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-Inspired clothing lines

PS

A-List Customer
You might try asking Inky, she is wearing a pair over in the What are you wearing today thread.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
This new dress from Trashy Diva is lovely:

sweetieGREENMUMS1.JPG

Inky

One Too Many
Heartbreaker Fashions

I just wanted to say that I have purchased a few things recently from Heartbreaker Fashion and they are great. They are primarily a rockabilly/50's retro site, but they carry larger sizes, and for me, that's important.

I've had their black pencil skirt in a size 1x (I usually wear a modern 14) for a while now and it fits me very well and is great for casual or dressing up.

I recently ordered a red Terri Top (yay for 3/4 length sleeves) and the cherry print top and they accidentally sent me the leopard top instead of the cherry. When I notified them, not only did they reply almost immediately, but they not only are sending me out the cherry top asap, AND asked me to keep the leopard top because of their error. Now you don't get that kind of service much anymore and I wanted you all to know about it.

So go check them out!

(not affiliated, just one satisfied customer)

cecil

A-List Customer
wow!

Has this designer been mentioned? Did a search but no joy. Some absolutely beautiful things, it's a shame that not many places stock them. Check out the winter '09 collection, some of the stuff is just *drool*

and no, not affiliated here either! lol

www.suzabelle.com

EDIT: turns out the label is in alot of stores in the US and Canada. Sorry if this is old news but I wasn't familiar with them until now.

lazydaisyltd

One of the Regulars
Laura Chase said:
This new dress from Trashy Diva is lovely:

sweetieGREENMUMS1.JPG

I finally broke down and pre-ordered this one...it doesn't ship until 6/15, but I'll review it here once I get it. I'm not usually a big fan of green with my coloring, but it's hard to find a repro shirtdress that is this cute, and the price is good, in my opinion.

vintage_jayhawk

One of the Regulars
Has anyone been seeing any good vintage inspired clothing for fall this year? I've been casually looking (the bank account doesn't allow much else) but I'm looking to bulk up my fall/winter wardrobe.

SayCici

Practically Family
I think places that are all about exuding classic style, like Banana Republic or J. Crew, might be a good place for you to look, especially for things like sweaters.

Lollipop

Familiar Face
vintage_jayhawk said:
Has anyone been seeing any good vintage inspired clothing for fall this year? I've been casually looking (the bank account doesn't allow much else) but I'm looking to bulk up my fall/winter wardrobe.

If you have a Fashion bug in your area, I always see Vintage inspired-looking clothes(and shoes.) in that store...especially with the Studio 1940 line.

Dutchess

Familiar Face
Hobbs

Hobbs is a great brand for dresses, blouses and tailored suits. I went to the outlet store in Swindon, England. Still quite expensive, but great quality and the skirts and jackets fit very nicely over broad hips/small waist!
Nice example (not mine though):

0209-4802-434L000-003_01_191_204.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo