Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Lace Up Cowboy Dress Shoes

Darne

New in Town
The White's semi-dress thread got me thinking. When I was a teenager in the 60's I remember a few of the older cattlemen ( I didn't say cowboy, there's a difference) wearing a very similar lace up dress shoe. They had about a six inch top above the heel, medium round cowboy style toe and about 1-1/2 inch underslung walking heel. Think a short topped dress packer without decorative stitching or a cowboy Alden Indy. I don't remember seeing a black pair. They were a dark brown medium calf that took a good shine.

I started doing searches and came up zero. Paul Bond is my bootmaker and I remebered when I went there in 1985 to be measured for my first pair they had them in stock in the store. So, I called them today and the nice young lady that answered the phone said they didn't stock anything like that anymore. It occurred to me she may not have been born in 1985. She did tell me if I could come up with a picture they could make them for me.

I recall my uncle wearing very classy western dress suits with Blucher dress shoes with a cowboy toe and a regular dress shoe heel. He had a pair of slip-ons with an elastic gore hidden under vents in the leather. These were very much like some modern women's western style shoe.

Are any of you loungers familiar with this style of shoe/boot. Do you have a pair you can post a picture of? How about a vintage western wear catalog cut.

I appreciate your time and assistance. Thanks in advance.

lairddouglas

Familiar Face
Western Ankle Boots

Are you refering to Ropers? They are lace up cowboy boots. One of the firms that makes this style of boot is Justin. They come with a removable kiltie fringe?
If you ever catch any rodeo on tv look closely often the riders are wearing ropers.

Hope this helps

number6

Familiar Face
boots

Check out Nicks custom boots in Spokane, they have a website. I have packers and dress packers from them .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo