Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Makeup Favorites

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Translucent.

I have to admit that I just started using the Coty powder, but so far I'm very impressed with it. Previously I refused to use anything other than Burt's Bees or Bare Escentuals. I've worn the Coty powder for the last 3 days and it seems to outlast the others, and it isn't too heavy or cakey - often a problem in the summer heat. The price is great, too!

Oh, I also apply mine with a brush.

BlancheDubois

Familiar Face
I use the Translucent shade. My Walgreens only has the Translucent and Translucent Extra Coverage. I used to buy a very pale, slightly pinkish shade, but I'm not sure the name of it. It might have been Naturelle or something like that.

magneto

Practically Family
Re: which Coty powder...

Translucent ("fragrance free" it says which is odd as it does as a faint (nice) scent). I know the drugstores around here have the Extra Coverage and another one, presumably the colored one.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I actually saw an older container of the Airspun powder at the flea market last weekend. I think the shade was called mauve or plum. The powder was a shimmery mauve color! I would guess the package was probably 70s or 80s.

dollfaced

Familiar Face
My favorite shade which matches my skin tone perfectly is Naturally Neutral light to medium due to th fact that i am very light with a slight yellow undertone.But i also really like the Translucent Extra coverage which is always sold out and hard to find!! It is just like a powdered foundation and i always receive compliments from woman when ever i use coty powder they always ask what kind of makeup i use because my face looks flawless.It truely is my favorite powder nothing compares to it o it's price!!

dollfaced

Familiar Face
I would say so because when i applyed it alone with a little cream on my face the coverage was amazing i was so shocked. Unless of course you have scars like i do like little pinkish dots from acne i like to use the Besame souffle as a spot concealer and then jump into the powder to get it done and over with.I know what you mean foundation gets to be a pain and after years of using it you just want something easier.I think alot of woman must like the Extra Coverage Translucent it is always sold out i found mine at a wal-mart far from where i live so i was really happy to try it!:)

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
dollfaced said:
I would say so because when i applyed it alone with a little cream on my face the coverage was amazing i was so shocked. Unless of course you have scars like i do like little pinkish dots from acne i like to use the Besame souffle as a spot concealer and then jump into the powder to get it done and over with.I know what you mean foundation gets to be a pain and after years of using it you just want something easier.I think alot of woman must like the Extra Coverage Translucent it is always sold out i found mine at a wal-mart far from where i live so i was really happy to try it!:)

I saw the translucent available (on-line from Walgreens) in both extra coverage and "regular". I was hoping maybe the extra coverage would work instead of using foundation too, now I'm absolutely going to try it!:)

BlancheDubois

Familiar Face
A tip for the ladies looking for Coty Airspun powder at Walgreen's: I always find it on a shelf in the nail care section rather than with the makeup. I suppose that might be because Coty no longer has makeup other than powder.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
A tip for the ladies looking for Coty Airspun powder at Walgreen's: I always find it on a shelf in the nail care section rather than with the makeup. I suppose that might be because Coty no longer has makeup other than powder.

That is exactly where I found it today (and I did pick up the extra coverage version, which I will test out tomorrow :)) They only had a few containers and it took several minutes for me to find that particular shelf!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Jitterbugdoll - Please let us know how the extra coverage suffices as a foundation. I didn't purchase it because I was afraid that as a powder it would be too heavy, even though I usually only wear Bare Minerals powder foundation. If the extra coverage works well alone, I may try it as an alternate.

jonniangel

One of the Regulars
I just starting using the translucent-extra coverage a few months ago (upon the recommendations here at the FL!) and frequently wear it as my foundation (after covering up a few red spots with Bare Minerals) and I haven't found it heavy at all. It evens out my skin tone and I actually forget I'm wearing anything. It's perfect in the Florida heat and humidity.

Jonni

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Darn it, wish this had been discussed before I went to America! I hate founation, so I always go without, but my face is somewhat blotchy and in need of something. I usually make do with a Mac powder I have, but I's not perfect. I want that flawless look!

Saying that, I haven't done any research into whether you can buy it in the UK....

I did pick up a few useful things when I was over - lottabody and those Hot Sticks that JBD recommended, so I'll have something to look forward to finding next time!

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Jitterbugdoll - Please let us know how the extra coverage suffices as a foundation. I didn't purchase it because I was afraid that as a powder it would be too heavy, even though I usually only wear Bare Minerals powder foundation. If the extra coverage works well alone, I may try it as an alternate.

I tested out the extra coverage version, and I agree with dollfaced/jonniangel--it does give excellent coverage, even without foundation underneath. Unfortunately, the translucent extra coverage is darker then the regular translucent, and I can't wear the color :mad:

Can anyone tell me which is the lightest of the other colors they offer? Pale Neutral, Pale Beige, or?

decodoll

Practically Family
jitterbugdoll said:
I tested out the extra coverage version, and I agree with dollfaced/jonniangel--it does give excellent coverage, even without foundation underneath. Unfortunately, the translucent extra coverage is darker then the regular translucent, and I can't wear the color :mad:

Can anyone tell me which is the lightest of the other colors they offer? Pale Neutral, Pale Beige, or?

Aw darn! I just now got back from buying a package of the extra coverage at Walgreens...oh well....

I did, however, while I was there, also get a new package of the regular coverage because it was in a very pretty 1935 commemorative package. :D I couldn't resist. It was the last one. After I use up the powder in it, I'll have to keep refilling it as I get more.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I can't figure out what extra coverage foundation you are talking about... from what I gather you are talking about Cody's airspun powder. What is the foundation you guys are referring to? [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo