Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Man Caves

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I kinda dislike the term “man cave”, but I’m glad I clicked the link. Those are gorgeous offices and studies. I wonder if they’d let me re-decorate my office at work...

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
My secret (not so secret I guess!) dream is to have a sweet little victorian-styled shack/outbuilding with a bar, fireplace, filled with antiques, where I can smoke my pipes and cigars and drink fine liquor with friends in an elegant and congenial atmosphere without bothering the missus with the smoke or exposing the wee bairns.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I rather like Roald Dahl's hut myself.

When my son was small we went to the fictional Sherlock Holmes 'museum' featured in the linked site. On a desk was Dr Watsons bag of medical instruments which rather embarrassed a few female visitors;)
J

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
I imagine it was a case of "Hey, go to an antique shop and buy some old-timey looking medical stuff for Dr. Watson's bag" and they ended up buying "lady equipment" lol

USMC_2674

New in Town
I built mine myself. I wanted something dark and different, but still have windows to be part of the world.

Here is an example, unpainted.

DungeonWall.jpg

Painted,

TheDungeonWall2.jpg

TheDungeonWall.jpg

I've since added molding, trim/baseboard, decorations and a bunch of furniture including a gaming table.

JohnRutherford

New in Town
I've been considering building a new writing/smoking den since we tore down the old shed in the backyard. I've quit smoking and it's gotten too damn hot for me to do anything outdoorsy(it was over 101 today plus heat index). But once it gets colder I'll consider it. I'm thinking something along the lines of small shack, just big enough for me to squeeze in a desk and a few candles since I don't plan on having it wired, and a couple of well placed windows to let in a good draft.

The Soph Gent

New in Town
I recently remodeled a spare bedroom to house the "stuff" but feel that it will be too small to grow. I remodeled my basement about 4 years ago but wasn't into vintage then. Although I coincidentally have my Dad's WWII items there.
I am thinking about re-decorating in vintage but would have to sell furniture and start over.

Here are some photos of the basement remodel:

1_26_08_3.jpg

1_15_08_3.jpg

1_15_08.jpg

HPIM0606.jpg

HPIM0605.jpg

HPIM0611.jpg

gigagirl

New in Town
BobsgarageA.jpg
hurricane19.jpg

My husband's man cave that he built totally by himself (with the exception of the foundation pouring and roof shingles). It's about better than our
house!!

dhermann1 - could you please email me via my profile page in reference to the Dithridge sister's. I have not figured out how to contact you other than a
forum posting, or if someone knows how to contact a member please educate me. -Janet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner