Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Military Jacket - Need a great tailor (Calgary area)

crazylegsmurphy

One of the Regulars
Hello,

I have the most amazing military jacket that is in some major need of repair. I would really like to find a tailor in the Calgary area that would not only treat it with the respect it deserves, but also know how to fix the problems with it (it's wool, and it's old).

If anyone could recommend a tailor that understands these types of garments I would really appreciate if you could post (or PM) me some contact details.

Thanks,

Jeff

crazylegsmurphy

One of the Regulars
Here are pics of the jacket.

I also have a green one that has a belt back, but that one is packed away right now. It also needs a bit of work, but not as much as this one.

The button holes need to be repaired. The button needs to be sewn back on and reinforced. The cotton arm lining needs to be replaced, and a few other little frays and such.

jackets_20.jpg

jackets_21.jpg

jackets_22.jpg

jackets_23.jpg

crazylegsmurphy

One of the Regulars
Opas Coat said:
I'm in cold Lake, I know a real good sewing repair guy I work with, Can you add some pictures?

If he's good, I'll drive (or ship) it up without hesitation. I really want to save this jacket and I have been making repairs myself out of fear of taking it to "the mall" and having it come back horrible.

I have already taken it in to have the buttons sewn on and it came back with different color thread. I had to pull it all out and do it myself. Then, because of my previously large belly I popped off a button somewhere and had to track down spares on Ebay.

Then, the button pulled through the wool leaving a tiny hole and I haven't worn it since. I would really like to get it fixed for the winter.

Adam in Canada

New in Town
Try Giovanni's

... on 17th Ave and about 37th Street SW... he's a tailor and makes fine bespoke suits and wool overcoats.

If he can't help you, he might know who can.

Best of luck!

Adam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner