Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Motorcyle Jackets 42-46 sizes

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
^Quicker than me too!
Nah, I PM'd Terry this morning, and commented way earlier. Nothing was agreed, price wasn't discussed. If he wants to sell it to someone else, that's his business and I won't hold it against him. But I would like it to go with my McDonald pants, for sure!

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Contact @Guppy about that one.

But really, this thread is about @tmitchell59's offerings.

I think Gamma means that I also have one for sale, not to ask me about Terry's. The one Terry has is older, and looks like it has heavier horsehide leather. Mine is a little newer, lighter by about a pound, and doesn't need any repairs, but I envy Terry's just a little due to the thicker hide. You can look at it in my sale post if you're interested. $225 + shipping to TFL members if purchased off-ebay.

Gamma68

One Too Many
I think Gamma means that I also have one for sale, not to ask me about Terry's. The one Terry has is older, and looks like it has heavier horsehide leather. Mine is a little newer, lighter by about a pound, and doesn't need any repairs, but I envy Terry's just a little due to the thicker hide. You can look at it in my sale post if you're interested. $225 + shipping to TFL members if purchased off-ebay.

Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry if my post was confusing.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I am 5'9" 175 pounds. Chest: 41 Waist 34.

I understand Sleeve length is an issue many have. These jackets are pretty standard sleeve for their size, around a 25 inch length.

FIT GUIDLINES:

HERCULES: This is marked as a 46. It fit well when I was at 215, a bit big at my current weight of 177. Reminds me of my sold DD Buco, also a 46. Nice and roomy.

MONRACH: Marked as a size 42 and fits as such. This is slimmer fitting, high arm holes. Not baggy or roomy. It is a beautiful jacket, but not if it doesn't fit. My current size is about the limit on fitting into that jacket.

McDONALD: I have worn this when I was 195. It has a strong taper to the waist. At 195 it was a tighter fit around the middle, but still wearable and actually comfortable. I would not go above 195 for this one.

TAUBERS: No size tag. I estimate at least a 46. It is old and a bit worn, like me. I've worn this jacket a lot and love the weight, feel even being too big for me. It is Vintage Police/workwear.

Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks, T
I've heard of sleeves being shortened but, never of them being lengthened. Probably not a thing.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
If I had 600 USD to spare and was to pick between a brand new schott 618 and this Monarch, I'd gladly take the Monarch. The french stitching oozes so much quality, the patterns on these Monarchs make them fit incredibly well, it's horsehide and a collectable where as Schott (or Himel/LW for that matter) can be purchased in unlimited amounts, anywhere, anytime.

That being said, the market dictates the price, if it doesn't sell, I'm sure Terry will adjust the price, but he has plenty of experience in the first place, pretty sure he knows what the stuff he's selling is worth.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up

If I had 600 USD to spare and was to pick between a brand new schott 618 and this Monarch, I'd gladly take the Monarch. The french stitching oozes so much quality, the patterns on these Monarchs make them fit incredibly well, it's horsehide and a collectable where as Schott (or Himel/LW for that matter) can be purchased in unlimited amounts, anywhere, anytime.

That being said, the market dictates the price, if it doesn't sell, I'm sure Terry will adjust the price, but he has plenty of experience in the first place, pretty sure he knows what the stuff he's selling is worth.

I mean, in general, if I'd prefer to buy everything for more than 50% off asking price, too. Doesn't usually happen though.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
MotoGuzzi said:

I was hoping this was going to be around $300 and even then that's a lot of money considering that this jacket was only $8 brand new 70 years ago this isn't even a fairly new Pre owned Himel or Lost worlds which are expensive. I love this jacket that you are calling Monarch but without a label or any evidence from the maker saying what it is, the main Zipper isn't original, Your video says it has an Abrasion on the arm, I think $625 is way too much money .

I'm quite sure others share your love of the jacket and hate the price.

The "faults" you listed about the jacket: did you figure that out by yourself or did you have help?

I'll take your $300 appraisal as an offer and decline.

So take your $300 and go shop somewhere else. Nothing for you here.

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

What is this about?

I think Gamma means that I also have one for sale, not to ask me about Terry's.

OK, then you go about comparing my jacket to the one you have for sale?

Then you put a link to your ad in my ad?

do you care if I post my jackets for sale in your ad and do some comparisons?

If he wants to sell it to someone else, that's his business and I won't hold it against him

Well thanks.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I’ve never belonged to a forum where it was kosher to challenge pricing on the post/thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think there are a lot of comments in this and other classifieds threads that don't need to be there. I'm sure there are many here who would agree.

But really, this thread is about @tmitchell59's offerings.

Thanks

Reactions: MET

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto