Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage neon signs

I don't think we've had this one before, but maybe, but couldn't chance not posting 'cause it's just that crazy good:

View attachment 109373

It's fantastic that the space-age craziness of the sign is reinforced in the cars' tail fins. Whether staying at that motel or driving down the road, we really are all shooting to the moon as we defeat communism. You gotta love it.
I love everything about this photograph.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Retro Grouch

One of the Regulars
Mostly lurk but here are some favs.

davieschuckwagondiner.jpg

FullSizeRender-2-1.jpg

c3c9294b84bb551b8a21b4f94dd84f2e--neon-signs-vintage-signs.jpg

neon_08.jpg
35434508206_fe3e17bdfd_b.jpg

0ea1b6e1a930dc2a8dd3eb04cfe4a264--smothers-brothers-vintage-neon-signs.jpg

3fingers

One Too Many
"Krispy Kreme Donuts - try our Pizzas," hmm, doesn't quite ring through.

I get it, they sell both, but for all the fun we make of the Boys from Marketing - this sign and messaging would benefit from their skills.
The closest store is an hour or so from here, so they are not available locally. They are popular for fundraisers. Groups take orders and pick up a truckload at a time. I did not know that they used to sell pizza.
I don't particularly care for them, but I swear I am not nor have I ever been a member of the communist party. :p

The closest store is an hour or so from here, so they are not available locally. They are popular for fundraisers. Groups take orders and pick up a truckload at a time. I did not know that they used to sell pizza.
I don't particularly care for them, but I swear I am not nor have I ever been a member of the communist party. :p

I love donuts, but KK is not my fave. I do like them, however. Driving by, if the "Hot Now" sign is on, the pull can be irresistible.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

LizzieMaine

Bartender

Hey, there's nothing as proletarian as a good donut. It's cupcakes that are the food of the decadent bourgeiosie.

Hey, there's nothing as proletarian as a good donut. It's cupcakes that are the food of the decadent bourgeiosie.

I thought he was keeping the lens farther back - meaning eating donuts are American, period. Like mom, God* and apple pie.

* God as part of the expression, not arguing the politics or religion of it.

That said, growing up, cupcakes seemed pretty pedestrian - I can see them sitting on a paper table cloth on the desert side of the table not far down from the pizza and large soda bottles (hardly caviar and champagne parties) - but they clearly have been "upscaled" by the new food-culture crazy of today. Although, their peak of preciousness seems to have already passed.

Edit add: and it seems that donuts are now getting a bit of an upscale makeover by the foodies.

I love donuts, but KK is not my fave. I do like them, however. Driving by, if the "Hot Now" sign is on, the pull can be irresistible.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

I'm the same, I don't crave them, but when I walk by KK, this one always pulls me in

Glazed with KREME™Filling
bcc01de2-727b-4bc0-b2e1-4de1d6c97a15.png
It is the most compact fat-and-sugar delivery machine ever: a sugar-glaze coated deep-fried dough stuffed full of sugar cream.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner