Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Photos of Leather Jackets

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ I have to agree. My deepest regrets he is no longer with us. Are you getting to inherit his jacket? That would be a treasure indeed for you to own!

Also the photos are all very well done. Looks like some great family & friends there.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up

Just noticed - the back on this jacket appears to be a Sunburst! :)

Never seen one in the wild - Original or Reproduction, in fact.

That would be this one:
sunburst.JPG

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ Wow, what an amazing fit on that one! Truley shows to be a well-loved jacket with the sleeves showing so many creases & grain in them. The button-cuffs, zippered chest pocket and hardwarmer pockes suggest a style like that of a Highwayman or 30's Half-belt - more likey the half-belt. I suspect he wore that day in and day out. The hat position is kind of interesting, not sure if that was just for the photo or if maybe he just preffered it that way. In any case, a really awesome photo from the late '30's - some rather difficult times indeed. I suspect given how the '30's were, even being able to afford one leather like this was a real challenge - making those jackets that got loved and used to the bone.

Jon ward

New in Town
Wow! A jaw-dropping moment to see a picture of my late father on his motorcycle crossing the Sahara desert sometime after WW2. Re picture with motorcycle reg. CLK553. He was in the background riding his 1916 BSA Vee-Twin combination1 where did you find the photo?
Best regards
Jon Ward, Malvern, UK

Wow! A jaw-dropping moment to see a picture of my late father on his motorcycle crossing the Sahara desert sometime after WW2. Re picture with motorcycle reg. CLK553. He was in the background riding his 1916 BSA Vee-Twin combination1 where did you find the photo?
Best regards
Jon Ward, Malvern, UK

Hello! I cannot recall where exactly I found it, could've been a Google image search but it's possible it appeared on my Facebook feed as well. Can't say for sure, sorry. I just thought it's a really cool photo. To hear the story behind it, though... Awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko