Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Pics in your vintage threads!

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Oh no. It's the trousers too, but alas it's too small for you and it really isn't my thing. Lauren and I may talk about it for her museum though.

But... I talked to the guy that's selling it and he says they have a lot more where that came from that they haven't advertised yet and he's suppose to send me pics. So I may have to check on db beltbacks in 44 long.

Dahlia

Familiar Face
I have to put my two cents in and say that everyone looks just wonderful in their pictures. I love to see them and they're very inspirational (working on those curls, as we speak). :)

Keep them coming!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Wild Root said:
So, you're not anti 40's Lauren? Well, I'm well a wear that the earlier stuff works better on you. Say, you could maybe find some good early 40's patterns and make something! You're really good at doing that. But, suits are very hard to make if you want a suit that is. I was only kidding you any way. ;)

No worries, Root! I didn't take it in a bad way :) And I do have some 40's patterns that are sitting around and waiting to be used, but every time I go to sew it seems something 30's screams "Make me first!" ;)

Mr. Sable

A-List Customer
I figure it's about time I join the party:

633747.jpg

My tie's vintage anyway, it was one of my Grandfather's. The suit and hat are new. Everything the lady's wearing is vintage, however.

Lauren

Since I was going through old pictures last night, I found these from when I was about 15. They're original vintage, but the hat's not. I liked to put that hat on anything victorian back then... ah well, we all make our mistakes :)
vintageme001.jpg

vintageme002.jpg

Lauren

pirate01.jpg

My 20's piano shawl. Everything else is new. My roomate and I dressed up for "Talk like a pirate" day last night, so I did it 20's style.

Lauren

Dahlia said:
Lauren, the white dress (in the picutre with you sitting on Daniel's lap) is absolutely stunning. Did you make it?

No, I didn't! That was an Ebay find. I got it for $25, I think, and it came in this teeny tiny box, stuffed in a plastic bag :eek: but now it has a loving home!

Lauren

jitterbugdoll said:
I love the green and black dress, Lauren! I just found one fairly similar that I think you will adore. I shall post photos soon :)

That last picture has a certain gypsy-esque feel to it ;)

Can't wait to see them! That one I did from a late 30's pattern, and it's actually black and yellow, but it looks funny in the pics. Thanks so much :)

Yup... that was my 20's pirate/gypsy look

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
You'll flip when you see this dress--it positively screams late 1930s-early 1940s. Teal, yellow and black swirl patterned bodice with a black crepe skirt featuring 8 godets in the same fabric as the top. I was positively in heaven when I found it ;)

This dress is one of my favorites--pink and chocolate brown crepe with buck-stitched trim:
47b5d900b3127cce9407df9b7ef800000006108AatmbRq2ctP

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
That dress looks great on you,JBD!
I wish I could find more 40's,but the choices in Dallas have become very slim.(Lots of 70s and even 80s,eek)
Ebay makes me nervous,but I may have to start using it to rebuild my collection.
I'd really appreciate any online shopping advice anyone may be willing to share.
JBD-Your package is ready,I'll send it sometime between thursday and monday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner