Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Raincoats and Trenchcoats.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
If you like raincoats, then 'The Gentle Gunman' is the film for you!
mills%2B%26%2Bgun.jpg

raincoat.jpg

Bogarde%2B2.jpg

Hal

Practically Family
1920s Cravenette processed raincoat. Raglan sleeves, belt-back.
Interesting finds and pictures as always, Dinerman! I don't think I've ever seen a half-belt raincoat like this one; half-belt ovecoats are more frequent.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
A couple of years ago, at a vintage event, held at a heritage railway, my wife came across a rather good overcoat/raincoat. It was a very dark olive green with a zip in/removable lining. A gabardine coat, 100% pure wool, the identity, if that is what it was, consisted of ink impressed marks, but it was so worn it's invisible to read. The only other identification came from a label underneath the cleaning instructions, which I'm hoping someone might recognise: It read "DSA-100-67-C 1607"
A Google search of that code revealed it to be of military origin, the 67 denoting the year, 1967. Sorry I don't have a rear view, but I can say that it doesn't have a raglan look to it. Ideas anyone?

On the same day, I discovered the umbrella, a fulton. The ensemble just teams up so well with my herringbone suit. (A copy of my father's de-mob suit.)
I really should have worn the braces/suspenders with the suit to hold the high waist in position, thus eliminating the crumpled look around the ankles.

Last edited:

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Early post-war German "Fulwiline" Trenchcoat with extra liner and triangular storm flap.

FulwilineTrench%201.jpg

FulwilineTrench%203.jpg

FulwilineTrench%206.jpg

FulwilineTrench%207.jpg

FulwilineTrench%204.jpg

FulwilineTrench%205.jpg

FulwilineTrench%208.jpg

German 30-50's trenchcoat with raglan sleeves and civilian "Ulster" design (no collar hooks, shoulder straps etc.)

Sportycloth2.jpg

Sportycloth3.jpg

Hal

Practically Family
A couple of years ago, at a vintage event, held at a heritage railway, my wife came across a rather good overcoat/raincoat. It was a very dark olive green with a zip in/removable lining. A gabardine coat, 100% pure wool, the identity, if that is what it was, consisted of ink impressed marks, but it was so worn it's invisible to read. The only other identification came from a label underneath the cleaning instructions, which I'm hoping someone might recognise: It read "DSA-100-67-C 1607".
A fine ensemble, GHT!
I suspect that the coat is US military; I remember quite a lot of them came on the market in the very late 1970s and were (as were army greatcoats) popular among student-types. They were, as you say, very dark green with the detachable lining a similar colour; the picture you show may be over-exposed.

Hal

Practically Family
Simon - that coat looks like a double-texture riding mackintosh.
If it is, you have acquired a garment which combines smartness and practicality to a high degree. Usually these coats are belted, and in my opinion look good with a flat cap. New ones are astronomically expensive these days.

simonc

Practically Family
Hi Hal, yes its belted I've just fastened it in the back. Double Texture, what is that? It does have a thick but smooth handle, any examples of the stuff or info?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112