Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage retailers in the UK

Chips

New in Town
I'm getting married in September, the wedding wont be a traditional church wedding but more of a relaxed civil ceremony. So traditional wedding outfits won't be worn.

I own a couple of modern 3 piece suits, but I've never been that keen on either of them. I've been looking around for ages trying to find something I liked for the wedding, but I can't find any modern styles that I like. They all seem very bland and boring.

I've always liked the american styles of the 1920's to the 1940's. along with a nice hat. But where might I find something in Britain?

billyspew

One Too Many
There's a lot of vintage shops in London (Camden/Waterloo/Brick Lane) that sell vintage suits, but if you're of a reasonable size, you won't find much - eveything seems to be around 38" chest 29" leg.

If you want vintage style, but modern, try A Suit That Fits, very reasonably priced and that have nice peaked lapel options as well as a variety of waistcoat options.

Alternitively Bookster, does nice classic suits with great tweed, linen, flannel and worsted options available. You can choose to add vintage features such as belted or action back or fishtail trousers. They also have a godd range of vintage suits on their eBay shop.
I may be getting my wedding suit made by these chaps - I'm awaiting a jacket from them to see how the fit/quality is.

There's also Hornets, who have a great range of second-hand suits from a variety of makers from Saville Row, Jermyn Street and brands such as Hugo Boss.

Hope that helps a little.

TTFN,

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic