Vintage Riding & Equestrian Apparel

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Evan Everhart, May 4, 2009.

1. draws

draws Practically Family

Envy is a bad word. However, that is some really nice riding country your dad has. Very nice.

2. GWD

GWD One Too Many

Yeah I guess it's okay, if you like this sort of stuff. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Tomasso

Tomasso Incurably Addicted

Funny you say that. My brother in law was born and raised on a dream ranch in Montana....but he hated his time there (only child, next door neighbor 15 miles away) and the only reason he keeps the place today is for family. He might go there every other Summer for a week or so.....

4. GWD

GWD One Too Many

I can understand that, my Dad bought his place in Wyoming about 18 years ago. My Grandfather was born there and we have a lot of family in the area. I take my wife and kids there about every 2 to 3 years. We ride horses and fish and go to rodeos and eat like it's Thanksgiving everyday. But after two weeks we are ready to go home and return to a less relaxing life style.

5. $ally

$ally One Too Many

Thank you Tomasso for directing me to this thread.
    I'll have photos to post soon

6. Edward_Lindey

Edward_Lindey One of the Regulars

7. ii-5-i

ii-5-i New in Town

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  8. Lone_Ranger

Lone_Ranger Practically Family

The position where the flair starts does make a big difference! Is this something that can be adjusted by a tailor? Or something that is in the initial cut? The military breeches with the correct flair, all seem to lace for adjustment at the calf. Is that something that helps, or coincidence? Also, the breeches with the suede knee patch seem to flair in the correct spot.

9. Yahoody

Yahoody Practically Family

Big country here. I rode surplus McClellan's as a kid. We all did. My current saddle, was based off the idea of a McClellan as a lwt working saddle that would be comfortable on 50 mile days.

owyhee4.jpg

owyhee3.jpg

Some of my tack is 3rd Generation and still in use. Right at 100 years old now. But ya gotta dress for the weather if you're out all day.

bra111.jpg

owyhee1.jpg

10. Bugguy

Bugguy A-List Customer

Maybe not apparel; more of an accessory. I just sold this pair of vintage Crockett Renalde spurs (1950's) to a collector on EBay for some nice money. There's a considerable market for spurs with more depth than I had the time or inclination to research. I usually research the items I sell so the non-collector can talk knowledgeably about their purchase. Not in this case. Lazy, I guess.

IMG_5014.jpeg

IMG_5017.jpeg

IMG_5015.jpeg

IMG_5016.jpeg

Yahoody likes this.
  11. Yahoody

Yahoody Practically Family

I still ride with a pair of Crockett's. Decent spur. Mine are from the family, Colorado made, purchased new '40s.

crockett.jpg

Bugguy likes this.