Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Shoes Payless

Rosie

One Too Many
Hi ladies. Just wanted you all to know. I went to Payless during lunch yesterday and there are a ridiculous amount of vintage-y shoes there, ones that don't show up on the website. I'm not sure if these stores are regional but, I was tempted to buy quite a few pair. In particular, there are a pair of kelly green and another pair of black that look very much like shoes straight from the 40s, beyond super cute. A fair warning, these shoes were REALLY high, even for me and I LOVE heels. Check them out. I'll see if I can meet up with my cousin one day this week and use her camera phone to grab some pics on the sly.

lindylady

A-List Customer
I saw some of those shoes. I picked up the black and white round toe ones and the black and gold peep toes. You're right about those HIGH heels. Takes some getting used to, but very cute!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Rosie!

Thank you Rosie, I will have to go take a peek! I would like to get a brown pair.
I have noticed they're in style this season, so we better jump on them while they're hot!!
Nikki

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
UGH! Ok, I went and bought 4 pair! $60 isn't bad though!! I bought the CA-YUTEST pair of black wing tip school marm lookin' shoes that lace up with ribbon and have a cut out where the tung would go. Anyone else see those? I wanted the black mary janes with the white trim but I had to stop. Hoping they're be there still when they have the next sale.

I got the bronze knee high boots, a pair of bronzy stelettos, and the beige suede mary janes.

Nikki

Shimmy Sally

Aren't they cute? I got some of the ribbon front ones too, with matching purse, a couple weeks ago. Target has some wingtip pumps also. They are pretty accurate in the shape. I have been wearing the imitations that have been out the past year or so to work. I save the authentic vintage for special occasions now. It's kind of an unspoken rule that women wear steep heels at my office. I love high heels though.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ohairas said:
UGH! Ok, I went and bought 4 pair! $60 isn't bad though!! I bought the CA-YUTEST pair of black wing tip school marm lookin' shoes that lace up with ribbon and have a cut out where the tung would go. Anyone else see those? I wanted the black mary janes with the white trim but I had to stop. Hoping they're be there still when they have the next sale.

I got the bronze knee high boots, a pair of bronzy stelettos, and the beige suede mary janes.

Nikki
Thanks Rosie!! Nothing beats giving a shoe addict another good shoe find!:D
4 pairs for $60, that's really good in comparison to the prices of Re-Mix and other companies that are making repro's of vintage shoes. I don't blame you for buying all four, you can't get one pair of repro's for that price!! If you have a chance would you mind posting some pictures. Getting to payless is a haul for me, and it sounds like these shoes might be a bit too high for my incredibly horrible and weak feet. It'd be great to see them before I take a trip there. So, if anyone can get some that would be great:)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Hiya Daisy, sure! My camera is broken but I will try to look them up online... if I don't see the wingtips I'll scan them.
Here's the link to the Lolitas, they're not bad. They only had the gold/glitter ones at my store and I put them back.
http://www.payless.com/Catalog/SLCategory.aspx?SLC=WomensAsSeenIn&TLC=Womens

All of the heels felt different on, so you would have to see for yourself. I'm a hairstylist and stand all day.. some of these I do fine in, others not.
Platforms are great, but these stelettos that are coming back can be killers!

Oooo, I didn't see any of these at mine, they probably haven't come in yet. Some cute pumps!
http://www.payless.com/Catalog/SLCa...vals&newarrivals=9/22/2006&TLC=Womens&pgNbr=3

Here's the suede mary janes I got.. the ladybugs. I didn't see the red ones tho!
http://www.payless.com/Catalog/SLCa...vals&newarrivals=9/22/2006&TLC=Womens&pgNbr=5

Ahh! Here they are, the Koincidence oxfords! LOVE THEM!!
http://www.payless.com/Catalog/SLCa...vals&newarrivals=9/22/2006&TLC=Womens&pgNbr=9

Nikki

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, thanks for all of the links Nikki. I greatly appreciate it:)
From the looks of it, I'm gonna have to make a trip to the closest payless! They've got some really cute shoes. My only problem is, I have rheumatoid arthritis, which causes a lot of pain and swelling from the waist down. I have a lot of trouble wearing heels of just about any height, and usually if I do buy heels I stick with Naturalizer (by the way they have great vintagey shoes, and lots of sales this time of year, very well made and comfortable), or any other brand of semi-orthopedic type shoe. If I do chose a shoe with some height, I stick with a wedge. I don't mind spending a little more money on a pair, if I know that they will give me the support that I need and will last a long time. I have found that the higher end shoes that I have bought in the past have lasted me a long time. I have a cute pair of Easy Spirits that someone here recommended, and I can't believe how well made and comfortable they are. I've worn them at least 20 times, for long periods of time, and with a quick buff, they look brand new. But, they aren't nearly as fun as the ones you have posted! Well, with beauty comes pain! I think I'm gonna have to go and check them out. Thanks for all of the helpful links.

lindylady

A-List Customer
ohairas said:

Those shoes are so darling! After seeing the photo, I rushed to the store immediately after class and picked up two pairs in black and off-white. I even had the cashier go into the back inventory room to see if they carried my size. lol

By the way, if you want to scoop up the vintage-style shoes before everyone else, go now while they're having the BOGO- buy one, get one half off -sale.

olive bleu

One Too Many
Me too

I also bought the black mary-janes with white trim! I also wanted the ivory w/ black trim mary-janes but instead i bought these "champion" flat brown shoes kind of an athletic shoe but mary-jane shape. I thought they would be good to walk to work in, but the strap keeps coming undone,so i am regretting the choice now.

I have such a weakness for mary-janes. Right now (I am at work:D ) I am wearing a pair of "Skechers" plum coloured mary-janes, They are so comfy & have a wedge heel that is only about 2". I wear them at least 4 days a week!
I love , Love winners though!

Rosie

One Too Many
:eek: Are they having BOGO now?! I didn't see that when I was in the store the other day. I would go after work but, I'm stuck here until about 7 tonight. :(

On another note. The Old Pueblo Traders catalog came in last night and they have the cutest vintage liek shoes also. When I get home, I'll post links and I'll try my best to remember amongst all of the cooking I must do also.

lindylady

A-List Customer
Rosie, you can go on their website. BOGO applies there, too. AND the website is listing lots of shoes as 50% off. Happy shopping!

olive bleu

One Too Many
the BOGO sale was on when i bought mine, that was a few weeks ago, but that's in Canada. It might not run at the same time down there!I have never thought about ordering online..Boy, I am in trouble now!:D

absynth

New in Town
Hi all

This thread is funny, I just bought a pair of shoes at Payless yesterday and was going to post about it today. They are a little kitten heel in black snakeskin/crocodile sort of pattern on them and they have a peep toe and a bow that goes across the top of the shoe. Sounds wierd but they look really cute and they are on sale. Nice for someone with bad feet. I thought that you might like them Daisy. I looked on the web links for Payless that were posted but I did not see them on the site sorry. Good luck all.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Yep, mine were on sale!

Has anyone else done a search for platform pumps on ebay lately? I was looking for brown ones and there sure are some cute ones! A really cute pair of brown houndstooth mary janes.. but I have nothing to wear with them right now. MUST BUY XMAS GIFTS, no more for me, lol!

Nikki

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21