Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Silhouettes New Hat

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I just got a hat from Art, he made it for me from VINGAGE felt. Probably from the 1940's. This is one of the most stunning hats I have seen! The felt is beatuiful, and tight, and the color is unbelievable!

It is a cross between light tan and peach. Truly a vintage pastel color. I don't have anything close to this. Jamespowers had a vintage hat which was close (but not peach toned), but his unfortunately had been savaged by moths.

This hat has the perfect crown and brim dimensions for me. The edge is unbound (raw edge). This style hat is made for spring/lightweight summer ...due to the nice light color. (I think darker hats are for the "darker months" of winter).

This hat has a nice matching vintage ribbon, and the satin VS liner and embossed sweat band.

I think Art has only two more of these colored bodies.

gcollins

One of the Regulars
I just love the silhouette of that crown block, that downward slope. Lookin' good indeed. Art's ribbon work and color matching style is always fine fine fine.

I would need a dose of courage to wear the color as it appears on my screen though. Looks kind of pink, so I know it is not accurate--I don't imagine you're planning to wear that down to the Castro district bars. :)

Looks great!

G

Engr-Chas

Familiar Face
Awesome Color!

I saw that hat in person when I was at Art's shop. The felt is soo vintage to the touch and the color is unique. Great job Art!

Chas

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Re: Awesome Color!

Originally posted by Engr-Chas
I saw that hat in person when I was at Art's shop. The felt is soo vintage to the touch and the color is unique. Great job Art!

Chas

Art told me you had seen it. What do you think..the color is unique, no? It is not really "pink" but more of a peach or apricot.

In different light it also takes on a warm, glowing fawn. It reminds me of the evening time when the "sweet light" turns the sky and everything else to that orange, red, pink glow.

I see you finally went by and saw the "surprise." :D Obviously, I saw this baby too. It is not really a pink but a pink/tan. It really would depend on what you wear to accent it or make it look completely different.
I got a Disney from Art in the same color. If I wear it with tan then it looks more tan. If I wear it with other colors such as a white shirt and blue khakis then it has a pastel, earth tone/pink look. I suppose it just depends on the human and clothes canvas. ;) Whatever the case, it goes with a lot of different things.
Different light does make a difference too.
San Francisco freaky it is not--believe me. Going there involves leopard print hats. LOL LOL

Regards to all,

J

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
I don't think it is very good. Your other hats are much better. You would really be better off getting rid of it. In fact, I would be willing to help you find a good resting place for it......like my house.;)

It looks very cool. Art keeps blowing me away. Love the logo.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I'm confused... Art's hats are made from oyster shells, or pearls? :confused:

Must have more coffee...

Beautiful hat, BTW, Andykev.

Brad

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
WOW!!!! JP, you are TOO much!!!
I think the "credo" might be one to work to, but boy does that create the pressure!!

Iv'e gotta tell all that this one is my favorite color of all time!! Years ago I found a Disney this color and flipped so when I found these bodies I almost broke my fingers trying to get the money out of my pocket.:p
Unfortunately I only have 2 left as I could only get 3 to start with. There are some minor flaws ( light tracking that might come out) but nothing that would diminish the effect of the hat.

Thanks Kev for posting this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy