Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Spade Sole Shoes

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Tragedy on my blue suedes. The seller quoted the wrong size (12D instead of 12B) so back they went.

But then sadness was replaced with happiness in Cookie spade world. 1940s Cabin Brand Tan and White Specs

Apparently these were worn by a Congressman no less.

The Shooman

Practically Family
'30s or '40s Florsheim spade-sole bals, probably shell cordovan: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Florshe...tage_Shoes&hash=item51963eae71#ht_1036wt_1138

flor1.jpg
flor2.jpg
flor2.jpg

Amazing score right there, l am blown away. Yep they are shell cordovan.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Nice!

This is the shot that shows the quality of make, which runs around 1k(US) these days.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Edwin Clapp NOS spade wingtips. The senior version of a pair I had for sale not long ago. I bought these for my son, size 13D.

img8786t.jpg

img8787k.jpg

img8788r.jpg

Last edited:

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
I never get around to taking photos of anything but here are two of my three pairs of vintage shoes. The Burgandy ones are 1940s French Shriner and Urners and the red/orange ones were basically NOS 1940's Thom McAn spade soles. Shout out to Cookie, wouldn't have either without him!
IMG_9624.jpg
IMG_9634.jpg
IMG_9635.jpg
IMG_9625.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I never get around to taking photos of anything but here are two of my three pairs of vintage shoes. The Burgandy ones are 1940s French Shriner and Urners and the red/orange ones were basically NOS 1940's Thom McAn spade soles. Shout out to Cookie, wouldn't have either without him!
IMG_9624.jpg
IMG_9634.jpg
IMG_9635.jpg
IMG_9625.jpg

I scored The Shooman a pair of spades like yours but they were not NOS. I haven't seen spades as nice as those French Shriner & Urners. I think it is the sleek combination of spade and wingtip that gets the juices flowing. And to think that they were disguised under a bad dark brown colouring job!

Last edited:

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Okay, after seeing those two pair, I think I need a pair of spade sole captoes or wingtips! Those are the bees knees!

With those ventilation holes, these shoes look as though they are engraved and trimmed with elegant stitchings, they're very nice, aren't they? I would like to branch out into getting something like this at some point.

If you have any advice for a novice like myself, what would be your recommended budget for buying shoes, and which brands are the most well regarded? I'm not entirely sure about buying vintage shoes, in other words shoes that once belonged to somebody else, so I may only wear new products...

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Vintage Foot Joy Lizard and calf Spade Sole Golf shoes converted for street wear. Right now, these are probably my favorite pair of shoes. The handwork that went into them is amazing. They sure as HELL took a lot of pride in their USA made shoes in the old days.

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1168x.jpg

xIMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

flyfishark

Practically Family
Cookie, here are the photos of the Edwin Clapps that you asked for. Hope these are okay for your archives. The brown pair were originally purchased from Reisch Shoe Shop, Springfield, IL. They have no model name, but the numbers on the shoe are: 5420 R14, and below that WH10. They are a 9.5 C. The black pair are labeled "The New Englander by Edwin Clapp." The numbers: 67499 6, and below that WH08. They, too, are 9.5 C. The soles of both pair simply state "Hand Lasted." Please let me know if you need anything else.
16jfybp.jpg

dg14ro.jpg

mrdy0m.jpg

25u0cya.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider