Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage style while doing chemo ?

LaMedicine

One Too Many
I am sorry to hear of your illness.
Wishing you the best drs, the best treatment and the best results.
Please take good care of yourself, and yes, making the effort to look good even when feeling badly helps the body a lot, it's very well known that high spirits fortify your immune system.

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
Blondie,

You are in my thoughts & prayers.

And how wonderful that the ladies here have offered you suggestions :eusa_clap

xxSonia

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Blondie, someone very near and dear to me has been going through the same thing. One thing that can be disheartening is not just the loss of hair on the scalp, but also the loss of eyebrows and even eyelashes. Work on your eyebrow pencil skill. You'll me amazed how that mitigates the "cancer face" phenomenon. Also, there are apparently some artificial eyelashes made just for cancer patients.
The most annoying cliche you always hear in regard to cancer is "hang in there". Trite as it may be, that's what it's all about. You'll have times when the treatment will seem worse than anything the disease can do. When you get down as a result of the exhaustion related to chemo, don't be afraid to reach out to people. That sense of utter depletion is about the most daunting part of the whole thing. Just take it easy and let your body recover. Don't try to do too much, and don't get down when a good day is followed by a bad one. Let your body do the healing it needs to do.
I join everyone else here in praying for your speedy and complete recovery.

Lorena B

Practically Family
Blondie, i am very sorry to heard about your news, keep positive, i will have you in my thoughts for some good power vibes.

I am agree with the turbans, when i have wore then i have been told that are really elegant, and besides that, they are super easy to make.

The forever bandana is such a great option too, i highly recommend it.

Lots of love towards your way.

Lorena XXX

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
I am so sorry to hear that this has happened to you Blondie. My most positive thoughts and prayers go out to you and like everyone has said, please reach out as you need it and we will be here for you!

Blondie

Practically Family
Thank you everyone for your kind words & thoughts !
I wrote this to a fellow F/L and thought i should share with you

It is amazing how many people care and are so very supportive.
It lifts my spirits just knowing people are thinking of me. I am the last person that i thought this could happen to, its all so surreal. I went back to Australia for my Dad's funeral and 2 days later found out about this, i just went in for a mammogram and had had one 12 months prior, i am just one of the unfortunate ones ( 35 % ) that no lump is present and where it doesnt show up in a mammogram, just lucky that the Dr noticed one nipple was slightly inverted. It has spread from the breast to the lymph nodes under that arm, but luckily is nowhere else. So tell every female you know that if they even notice a small change in their breasts to go get it checked and demand an ultrasound. Only 65 % of breast cancers are detected during a mammogram and no you do not have to have a lump ! I thought i was informed but i wasn't informed enough !!!!
If i can help one other gal from going thru what i am about to go thru i will be happy !!!!
I will have 8 months of chemo followed by a double mastectomy, but i know i will get through it & come out the other side while still not changing who i am.
The cancer will have to fit into my lifetsyle & not the other way around !!!

jsands

New in Town
Blondie, you're one tough cookie. Bad things may happen to good people, but those who tough it out with an attitude such as you, will come away with so much more in the end. You're an inspiration to us all. Best wishes of healing as you undergo Chemo. Think of us here when you go through some "bad days", and be sure to stay in touch with us when you can. You don't have to journey down this road alone. We're all with you! :)

xoxo,

Jessica

Blondie

Practically Family
Thank you gorgeous gals for your kind words.
I have a PETscan on Tuesday to check if it has moved out of my lymph nodes, i also get my port put in for the chemo. I just want to get it all started now.
Am back at work today, will work 3 or 4 shifts a week just to have a somewhat normal life while all this is going on & if it gets too much i can take a medical leave of absence.
xxx

The Shirt

Practically Family
Tuesday has passed and was thinking of you. Hope everything is going well and that it is not too overwhelming as things begin. Warmest wishes!

Classydame

One of the Regulars
I am sorry to hear this news. But I am sure your indomitable spirit will get you through! Do what you have to do to keep your spirits up, spoil yourself alot, you deserve it!

May you find peace and strength during your battle!

Blondie

Practically Family
Start chemo March 9 !
Have searched the internet high and low looking for cool styling tips while undergoing chemo and guess what ? nada zip zilch zero.........
I cannot be the only vintage gal out there in this situation ;)

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I came in here to recommend things but what I would have said has long since been recommended by slicker ladies (and some great guys) so I will just echo the best wishes for a quick as heck recovery.

Also to say I strongly second remembering your eyebrows. A strong or well-defined eyebrow makes a face look better. It doesn't matter if you fake it or not. And a '20s thin arched eyebrow goes with the cloche hats and turbans nicely, and is drawn on for everybody, healthy or working on getting there.

Big hugs for you and I am praying you feel better soon.

And got some pretty things to wear along the way.

What are your feelings on wigs, should the shoppers here shop for you, or you prefer the hats and wraps? That's your personal style and you should let it shine through.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24