Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Telephone Ringtones

Diamondback said:
Tom, IIRC it still has the brass bells in it--the ultimate "vintage ringtone"? lol

Personally, I'd like to see a version of Maxwell smart's shoe-phone that's not only both functional and wearable, but has the durability for field use...

----------------
Now playing: John Williams - Enter Lord Vader
via FoxyTunes

That's even better! With one of those bad-boys, you don't want a polyphonic or anyting.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I WANT this...

I laughed outloud when I heard the ringer for it on their site. But do they have a 1930 or 1940s phone like you see in the films from the Golden Era??
Diamondback said:
How

'bout a vintage cellphone?
PortORotaryRED-01-L.jpg

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=287

I'm starting to consider one of these to go along with the Big Red Button USB hubs and USB missile-launchers I'm gearing up to fortify the office with...

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
or the pull out flip address book in the front...

BinkieBaumont said:
PortORotaryRED-01-L.jpg

"Oh Yes! imagine pulling this out of your portmanteau on the train in peak hour in the morning!, now that cell phones are so small, and cheap you have "Elan" if you carry something huge and clunky" imagine if it had a pull out ashtray on the front!!!!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
on my cell- the ringtone

for our daughter is "Jump, Jive and Wail", son's is "Sing Sing Sing", my EA decorator is "Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White", and my husband's is "Save the Last Dance for Me". My ringtone on his phone is "Unforgettable". The list goes on...

Fleur De Guerre said:
My rintone is 'Sing, Sing, Sing' by Benny Goodman. Well, the first 30 seconds of it!

Slim - I used this place and it was ace.

http://audiko.net/

fashion frank

One Too Many
After reading this Thread It made me chance my ringtone from a bike horn to the old telephone ringtone that I heard for so many years growing up.
On a slightly different note I heard on the national news the other night that 4 out of 10 homes now no longer have a "home' phone .
They also stated that the midwest was the fastest growing area of the country where there are no longer "home" phones and that the trend is with younger people.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I've got something similar to that on my personal phone, and a totally different one (more electronic) on my work phone.
This makes things easier when I'm driving, to know which one to reach for. :D
Of course the Hawaii Five O theme was fun, but not the Charlie's Angels theme my wife downloaded without my knowledge.

EliasRDA

One of the Regulars
I used to collect soundclips (wavs) when I was on aol back in the 90's, had stuff like Xena, ducks quacking, junk like that since it was the rage in the chat rooms to set others screens off. LOL
So I learned how to clip my own stuff. A few years ago I finally got a "smart"phone that I could transfer my wavs too. I had some people as Brother Iz clips, my folks were the one that "hello mudda, hello father" song. I even had clipped "Mr Custer" for my brother & I had a clip from "FullMetalJacket" where the DI is yelling at the dumb recruit about his ahh mental condition. Sorry, it is profane but I only used it for those I really really disliked & always made sure my ringer was silenced in company.
My only issue right now is my last phone, a Motorola X2 & the galaxy s3 make it rather hard to put wavs on them if they are not from Verizon & I refuse to pay Verizon for their lousy clips. I'm in the process of dumping Verizon due to their data plan going non unlimited, so I'm switching to a iphone (oh the horror) & I'm working on getting the clips reassigned.

And on the side note by Frank, I'm old fashioned, at near 50 y/o I will always keep my "landline". I can afford the basic line & I've been without power for over a week so no way to charge a cellphone but yet I could still get calls on my "old" phone. 8)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot