Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Telephone Ringtones

How 'bout a vintage cellphone?
PortORotaryRED-01-L.jpg

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=287

I'm starting to consider one of these to go along with the Big Red Button USB hubs and USB missile-launchers I'm gearing up to fortify the office with...

Talbot

One Too Many
I had a WWII submarine model 60 dive claxon for my ringtone. One day the phone went off in the elevator and folks got a bit worried (watching the look on peoples faces when they realised it was a phone was humorous, I'll admit).

I toyed with the theme from M. Hulots Holiday, but for now have settled on a bongo/conga drum riff on loop.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Along the same lines, what sites/programs does everyone use to create/download ringtones? I haven't used any online sites as I don't want to be phone or email spammed.

Lillemor

One Too Many
I've had a cellphone forced on me. The first one 2½ years ago and the last one two summers ago. I still don't understand how it works, I only use it for emergencies, I miss all calls and have to call back...when I've figured out how to turn it on, remembered the code and found the phone book and functions for calling people back...*sigh!*. Ring tone? Erh...whatever hub set it to.:rolleyes:

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Fleur De Guerre said:
My rintone is 'Sing, Sing, Sing' by Benny Goodman. Well, the first 30 seconds of it!

Slim - I used this place and it was ace.

http://audiko.net/

I tried this -- I want Rudy Vallee's "Kitty From Kansas City" as my ringtone -- but I think I'm a bit confused :eusa_doh: How do I get it into my phone? Is it free?

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Amy Jeanne said:
I tried this -- I want Rudy Vallee's "Kitty From Kansas City" as my ringtone -- but I think I'm a bit confused :eusa_doh: How do I get it into my phone? Is it free?

I'm not sure - I have an iPhone and just put the tone into iTunes, but I assumed it had instructions for other brands... can you connect your phone to the computer? If not then maybe you can't get it on there. :(

It is free though.

Slim Portly said:
Along the same lines, what sites/programs does everyone use to create/download ringtones? I haven't used any online sites as I don't want to be phone or email spammed.
Slim, you might give RingFactory a whack--$10 in the "bargain section" of Target's software rack, so you're not out much if it doesn't work for you. (I have it installed, but untested--bought it to get Mom a Toccata & Fugue in D Minor ringer and an air-raid siren for myself, but just haven't found the right source audio yet...)

----------------
Now playing: John Williams - The Mine Car Chase
via FoxyTunes

Talbot

One Too Many
Slim Portly said:

Not to mention being ripped off by the ringtone club memberships. A fellow where I work joined one of these clubs for ringtone down load, and a month after he'd joined he checked his mobile account and discovered that they'd charged him for the ringtones he could've downloaded, but didn't. Arguing with the phone company takes time, and he racked up some $200 before he could get off the hook.

If your phone plays MP3's download these, or convert what you have to MP3. I have a great freeware utility that seems to be able to convert anything to any other thing. Audio and video. Its free and it works - PM me if interested

Diamondback said:
How 'bout a vintage cellphone?
PortORotaryRED-01-L.jpg

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=287

I'm starting to consider one of these to go along with the Big Red Button USB hubs and USB missile-launchers I'm gearing up to fortify the office with...

Gotta like this cell phone! I wonder how heavy it is once the network, brass bells, etc are removed and new techno-junk put in there. Can you imagine trying to text on this though?! LOL.

I do however think it would be right at home among my babies. The family is still growing, and I have more coming any day!

phones001.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy