Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Things That Have Disappeared In Your Lifetime?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I'm pretty sure these disappeared in my life time! Or so I'm told by younger people. :D
woolly_mammoth_by_kaek-d5oio8h_zpsm37b3xty.jpg

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Wasn't it the USSR under Stalin that had plans to breed an army of "super soldiers" by crossing gorillas with humans? Basically a real life "Planet of the Apes"? I'll believe a cloned mammoth when I see one.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Wasn't it the USSR under Stalin that had plans to breed an army of "super soldiers" by crossing gorillas with humans? Basically a real life "Planet of the Apes"? I'll believe a cloned mammoth when I see one.

I'm not sure on that one but, it is widely reported that in the 1930s, some scientist in Moscow dined on some Mastodon meat they had found! No report on how it was cooked?

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When I went to the gracery store today i noticed that ball mason jars are now made of plastic. bet hey, at least they're BPA free.

Plastic? Made of plastic? Say it ain't so. How in the heck are you supposed to can something in a PLASTIC jar? Besides, I bet 'shine taste funny in plastic. What's the world coming to. :eusa_doh:

I think the plastic ones are more fulfilling what we refer to around here as the "wannabe redneck" market. They think it's trendy to drink from Mason Jars (we did it growing up, because they were cheap and hard for us kids to break.)

I still find the glass ones at several stores, including Wal-Mart and Tractor Supply. Just bought Mom some for her birthday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925