Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Things That Have Disappeared In Your Lifetime?

What has disappeared is the whole idea of shame. This morning, after I dropped my son off at school, I saw a guy walking out of the school in a bathrobe! A bathrobe---like he had just woken up! No pants under it as far as I could see and flip flops!:eusa_doh:
I have seen some women show up in their pajamas but this was much worse. :eusa_doh:

You're lucky it wasn't a windy day. *yucky*

And to think, there was a time when many fellas wouldn't even be seen outside without a hat on!

What has disappeared is the whole idea of shame. This morning, after I dropped my son off at school, I saw a guy walking out of the school in a bathrobe! A bathrobe---like he had just woken up! No pants under it as far as I could see and flip flops!:eusa_doh:
I have seen some women show up in their pajamas but this was much worse. :eusa_doh:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Why haven't you got square nails anymore. We hardly got anything else
The structural design of nails for the most part have been "round" here in the USA for many years now. You do see some square nails mostly when you are taking them out of old boards as they have been hammered in years ago. I am sure that there is s source for square nails if a person wanted to order them to use, but for the most part, rounds is what you find.

Effingham

A-List Customer
Zippo has since created a butane Zippo though---to fill that market. It is quite a bit more than the regular Zippo though.

Oh, COWABUNGA!!!

I must order one of those things. :)

(For my cigars, I'm a big fan of long wooden matches that give me time to light the thing right.)

Oh, COWABUNGA!!!

I must order one of those things. :)

(For my cigars, I'm a big fan of long wooden matches that give me time to light the thing right.)

Yep, old and new:

Zippo%20BLU.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael