Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Things That Have Disappeared In Your Lifetime?

TidiousTed

Practically Family
A brand new house?! You know you can have them repaint it for you when you buy one out here as a condition of sale. Not many do though. :D

We're not that lucky here, but on the other hand I got the whole house just the way I wanted it both times, and luckily, white walls are easy to paint and I kept the ceilings white but that has to do with the light, Norway gets pretty dark in the winter and white ceilings reflects the light better than any other colour
But the first time I was married to a interior architect so it took some time to agree on the colours I can tell you
;)

Last edited:

TidiousTed

Practically Family
Already do. :) The den is white glitter paint. Is that a color other than white?

I'm just teasing as well, most of my friends have white or just slightly off-white walls. But I live in a house that was built in 1846 and painting the walls white in that house would be sacrilege. My studio in the barn on the other hand has got white walls ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters