Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage things you're happy are still here.

Pompidou

One Too Many
Dog Collars, Chewing Tobacco, Pocket Change, Sewing Needles, Can Openers...(no...I don't "chew")....

The thing about chewing tobacco to me is, if baseball players aren't using it, it no longer serves any nostalgia purpose. I don't even watch baseball, and I don't chew tobacco, but if someone mentions either, I picture some grungy player hocking up and spitting a wad of chewing tobacco before pitching/batting as I saw it on Loony Toons.

I'm glad there's still AM radio.

That's usually what I think of, too. I started chewing tobacco when I was 15 or 16 and did it for years. The last time I had any was back on September 12th. It was the year anniversary of when my good friend passed. We all went to his grave and had a dip of chew like we always did with him. My best friend and I both hadn't had any in months, since we quit.

but if someone mentions either, I picture some grungy player hocking up and spitting a wad of chewing tobacco before pitching/batting as I saw it on Loony Toons.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Sobranie cocktail cigarettes - (naff i know, but a nice treat)
Colmans mustard powder in a tin
Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce
Gentlemans Relish (hot buttered toast and relish, mmmm)
Boots original Cold Cream
Coty Airspun powder
Elnett hairspray

The list is endless....

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Hoodsie cups.

Picture%2B62.png

Although I miss the wooden spoons.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Oh that looks delicious Lizzie. I like a wooden spoon with ice-cream or chips, (i'm sure there is some blasted health and safety reason why you don't see them much anymore).

hellsbellslolly

Familiar Face
Astral body cream
Tiger Balm (still comes in its small glass jar, gold lid and paper printed tiger on the front)
Charbonnel et Walker (hot choccy)
Gentleman's Relish
Vac Freshener discs (Summer meadow)
Hamley's (Toy's)
Tala Cookware

Last edited:

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
Colt .45
Remington 700 Rifle (1962 is barely golden era isn't it?)
Utica Cutlery Co.
John Primble Cutlery
Case Cutlery
Schatt & Morgan Cutlery
Craftsman (tools)
Cream Soda
Diamond Match Company
Hamilton Watch Company (Not as good as years ago, but still good)
Weinbrenner Shoe Co.
Redwing Shoe Company

Edward

Bartender
Oh that looks delicious Lizzie. I like a wooden spoon with ice-cream or chips, (i'm sure there is some blasted health and safety reason why you don't see them much anymore).

I still see them regularly, so i doubt it's that. More likely plastic is simply cheaper to produce.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
We don't even have wooden forks in our local chippy anymore, it's criminal. I hadn't thought that the plastic was cheaper to produce, silly me. I just assumed that the health and safety people had made another one of their ludicrous judgements after someone in Skegness got a splinter or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit