Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage TownCraft Brogues Brown 7.5D $15

Wash In Lux

One of the Regulars
I've had these for years. Don't think I've worn 'em once. Time for a new home and somebody who'll put 'em to good use.
Very good condition TownCraft (old JC Penney label) brogues. Quality is very good. I'd say comparable to Allen-Edmonds in material and construction. Size is marked 7 1/2 D/B. Come with vintage, flat, cotton laces. Shipping via USPS based on weight and zip code.

Please call "dibs" IN THE THREAD and then PM me.

PRICE $15

brogues1.jpg

brogues2.jpg

brogues3.jpg

brogues4.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
You're right about the quality level 'Lux. I owned, then sold, a Penney's pair almost exactly like yours but in a larger size. Scotch grain uppers. Goodyear storm welt. Leather insoles. These shoes are BUILT. It'd take over $400 to come close to them from a modern maker.

Wash In Lux

One of the Regulars
Yessiree. As someone who used to sell shoes and owns plenty of vintage shoes, Allen Edmonds and Alden, these are mighty fine.
They fit real nice. They're just not really my style. Who knows, maybe one day I'll like 'em. I didn't used to like country music but love it in the last couple years. So, if nobody wants 'em...

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
I believe the Towncraft/Penney's longwings were made by Florsheim and were essentially Florsheim's Kenmoor model rebadged as Towncrafts.

Trotsky

A-List Customer
Well, thanks for the history lesson; now I know where mine came from. I have a pair that are exactly the same, save for the size being 9.5D and brand spanking new. I also have a pair of JC Penny ones that are even nicer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24