Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Weddings

scorp79

New in Town
Well, this is where it all kinda gets scrambled up...

This is my dress:
uniquevintage7331largerTHEDRESS.jpg

This is what I'd like to do with my hair: (It will be about this length or longer by then, so no finger waves for me.)
07VintageDown.jpg

07VintageBack.jpg

And make-up something along the lines of this and the above pictures: (red lips for sure!)
make-upandveil.jpg

need details!

Hi Scorp79!

I LOVE your dress and I have to know where you got it! Is it real vintage or new?

I said hi to you over in introductions...

Next- how come you have 2 years before you get married? (Inquiring minds want to know..) Just wondered as that is more planning time than usual and I'm nosey. If you feel like sharing.

Katherine

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
I'm not sure this is what I'll go with, but for now:

I love this dress, but I'd want white on the collar and petals instead of pink.
Vintage_Style_petal_circle_skirt_si.jpg

I'd wear my hair and makeup like Christina in either of these pictures:
40s-Aguilera.jpg
212admv.jpg

And a great big gardenia pinned to one side:
gardenia.jpg

sweatyspaghetti

Familiar Face
hmmm,i don't know. im the kind of person who likes big weddings,but on a random day just take off to vegas for a wedding in a tiny chapel. but i do plan on my fairytale wedding as the glamourous 40's look.
like wearing something like this:
lillian-10-06-80dpi.jpg

pairing that dress with a hairstyle like this:
favoritesAmongCareerGirls2.jpg

but its just something i'd like to do,afterall trying to get my stubborn 21 year old boyfriend in a suit for a wedding is like a nightmare!!!!!! i do plan on marrying him,and i hope he does want to marry me!!!!!! [huh] but yeh being just 7 months older than your boyfriend is still a huge age difference , because my boyfriend still acts like a 2 year old!!!!!!!!

Vanessa

One Too Many
maggiethespy said:
I'm not sure this is what I'll go with, but for now:

I love this dress, but I'd want white on the collar and petals instead of pink.
Vintage_Style_petal_circle_skirt_si.jpg

Is that from Whirling Turban? *sigh* I love their dresses.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lady Day said:
Ladies,

We have nearly 14 threads on all things wedding (in the PR and beauty alone). Please search. :)

LD

we really need more subcategories...
Is it possible with the technology of this site to have more hierarchy? Like under Beauty, you could have Hair, Makeup, Nails, Body and then separate threads under those headers?
Searching is darn near impossible, it never works for me. I just give up and scan the threads instead.

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
I love all of these dresses being posted. Makes me want to have a second wedding for our 10th!

I don't have any digital photos from our wedding so a while ago I took this pic of me in my dress (yes, I am that girl who wears her dress once in a while lol)

As soon as the seamstress said it was inspired by Marilyn I was sold.

IMG_0787.jpg

sherri bomb

New in Town
Wedding topper

I love all the fabulous ideas here! I am recently engaged (2 weeks!! It's still setting in) and have not set the date yet, but that's not stopping me from from getting great wedding ideas. I got my topper in the mail today from Ebay ( but of course) and I love it

topper.jpg

And I am dying to have the ceremony and reception here. Not sure if it's in the budget though.

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/06/18/images/xlarge/Travel_donvice_579236.jpg
http://www.iloveinns.com/images/florida/donvicen_ph1_lg.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3242/2653087811_2fd4bd8abb.jpg?v=0

Vintage Verve

New in Town
Miss Dottie said:
I second Jitterbug's Port Halycon articles. They are really good!

I just got married in November and tried to go for a vintage themed wedding as well. You can see my bio under MissDottie on the Knot.

As far as invitations go--you may not find the quantity you need online, but working with a good graphic designer, I bet you could create something along those lines.

Favors are a tough one because I don't think they were popular in the 1940s, but I know those jordan almonds were popular in the 1950s. We used push button puppets for our favors because my sweetie proposed to me with a vintage one of a bride and a groom.

Where are you getting married in Philadelphia? I used to live on the Main Line. I used to go to dances at the Merion Tribute House. There are so many gorgeous places in Philadelphia to get married.

I have only just gone back and taken a look at your wedding album.

What a stunning bride you were! Your dress - it's beyond gorgeous, and I love how you pinned it up when you were dancing with Mr Sweetie.

And that corsette. WOW. It is simply amazing! oooh, and your veil and... and your red shoes and... and... well, EVERYTHING looked so wonderful.

If I look HALF as elegant as you on my wedding day, I'd be a very happy girl.

xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy