Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Workwear

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I have two pairs of these, I think they're from the late 1950s or 1960s seeing how they have Dacron in them. NOS condition.

001-21.jpg

002-17.jpg

003-13.jpg

004-10.jpg

005-11.jpg

006-8.jpg

007-7.jpg

008-2.jpg

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Nice and elaborate shirts that look really comfortable.

(The guy on the first scan looks a lot like a certain German dictator who had a thing for brown shirts, though. :confused:)

Last edited:

Metatron

One Too Many
Hello guys, could someone please point me in the direction of some good photos of people wearing Levis type1 and 2 jackets from the 1930s and 1940s? Didn't seem to find any in this thread. Looking for some workwear inspiration. :)

Metatron

One Too Many
Thanks for the recommendation, I've browsed that excellent blog many times, but I think I only ever found photos of cowboys wearing type 1s.

Metatron

One Too Many
Great pics guys! Thanks for the link FFF, I won't repost anything here, but simply recommend that people follow that link and browse the entire thread!

Btw a while back we were talking about those green/red Swedish work trousers: I just picked up one of the jackets that go with them, and it's actually a nice piece. Great fit, and would work as a casual summer jacket. Looks alot like something Old Town would make, but at about a tenth of the price. Recommended. Will try to take some pics on the weekend. Nothing spectacular btw, just a nice work jacket. But that's what this whole thread is about right? :D

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh yes the jacket. I wondered about them too sicne I don't have many summer blazers but I don't want a green one. Hm...at least I would wear them together.

I almost forgot to tell: The brown dye of my swedish work pants washed out and became irrgular (and greenish again). I will try again with two boxes of the dye. I should have known that the heavy cotton needs more dye than a modern sweatshirt or something. But the dye itself is very dark brown so it should cover the green if I use a higher amount.

majormajor

One Too Many
Just got one of these. A few around in the US, I guess, but pretty scarce in the UK.

Roebucks simply never sold jackets over here:eeek:;)

roebucks.jpg

Metatron

One Too Many
So, here are the pics of the Swedish work jacket. I wasn't expecting much, and was pleasantly surprised. Imho nicer than a lot of the French stuff that sells for considerably more.

Photoon2013-02-09at0226_zps52954ddf.jpg

Photoon2013-02-09at0223_zps817bc082.jpg

Ny Björn

New in Town
Strictly speaking the outfit worn below might not qualify as workware according to the normal standards - but if you were a late 1920's professor of archaeology and descended into the excavational trenches I'd bet you'd rather wear this than the notorious fedora, whip et al...

The photo show Prof. Friedrich Gündel and was captured in 1927 at Heddernheim, Frankfurt am Main by Berit Wallenberg who would later become one of the greatest private funders of Swedish archaeology

/N B

1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt