Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Workwear

poggleberry

One of the Regulars

Vintage woman's Shell uniform worn at Twinwood Festival last weekend, a stall holder really wanted it off me and said he'd swap it for anything on his stall!

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Willy Fritsch and some other Willi in 1932, dressed as gas station/ car wash attendants
tumblr_nb23xeDL1z1rn3zdyo1_500.jpg

Mr black. Search for "Polo navy wool jacket" in "Coats & Jackets" on ebay. There are several offers that start a 60$. Please use the Reproduction classic workwear thread for questions like this. It's just easier that way because both threads are already rather long and hard to search if you want to look up something.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ein blonder Traum
[video=youtube;_843NFJSCRA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_843NFJSCRA[/video]

For some reason I have always disliked Heinz Rühmann and "Die Drei von der Tankstelle". I like american muscials but in german movies I can't stand it if they break into song. It makes me aggressive somehow.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
I like american muscials but in german movies I can't stand it if they break into song. It makes me aggressive somehow.

Probably because they tend to be overly cheesy without very clever lyrics.
Also the musical style was mostly "old-fashioned" and similar to operette.

Here some bona-fide German/Austrian 1930-40's workwear:

Jacket (sz. 38) is a cotton/linen herringbone twill. Waistcoat is a charcoal-white wool cavalry twill.

SAM_7416.jpg

SAM_7417.jpg

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I found this deadstock French workwear jacket at the weekend. I would guess it's from the 1950s. When I first saw it I thought 'Another workwear jacket - just one among the thousands for sale in London vintage shops' ...
workwear-1_zpsf74d1efe.jpg

... then I saw the belt-back and had to buy it.
workwear-2_zpsd2697bec.jpg

workwear-4_zps2cba36c7.jpg

workwear-3_zps17d07490.jpg

Dostioffsky

One of the Regulars
^Nice jacket indeed! I like the pockets too with those corners...

I have a fairly similar jacket myself that I had been meaning to post... Probably also 50's. (although I like to think it looks a bit 20s)

IMG_7353copy_zpsd0476008.jpg

IMG_7354copy_zps4a27bf00.jpg

IMG_7333_zps5d79ec05.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana