Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Workwear

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just foudn this on Tumblr and had to share:
tumblr_lvgbqaoRzz1qzx4bjo1_500.jpg
The Hod Carrier from the WORKING GIRL SERIES c.1930

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
My vintage flight jacket interest has been expanding into vintage civilian jackets, recently. A couple of days ago, I scored this gas station jacket. It hasn't come yet, but I think it is olive green. Two questions:

1. Looking at the zipper, I'm guessing it dates from the late fifties or early sixties. Anyone have a different opinion?

2. What brand of gas station attendant wore an olive green jacket? Pure Oil? According to the seller, there are faint patch shaddows on the jacket's chest. Maybe their shape will give me a hint.

Thanks in advance...

AF

524848401_tp.jpg

524848495_tp.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Those zippers look like they're deal breakers.

I love this photo, which I've taken from giantbeard.
1950 Robert Frank
tumblr_lvr2gw61gx1qb8vpuo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I thought I should share these photographs. They were taken during WW2 during the visit to the Lycoming aircraft engine plant in Williamsport PA by a British engineer (my great-uncle). They show American workwear of the period:

Factoryworkers2crop.jpg

Factoryworkers.jpg

DonW

New in Town
I saw wool safety coats like yours in use just a few years ago in a steel manufacturing plant in England, if you are splashed with molten steel the splash doesn't stick to the wool, it just burns the surface and "balls" and runs off, beats modern safety fabrics!

Feraud

Bartender
pendletonvest.jpg

Woolrich has this vest for $38 usd w/free shipping. It is quite nice. I got mine today.

How did you get that for so cheap? ^
Flat top, I have the same vest. Picked it up from a thrift store for a few bucks. Keep an eye out in second hand shops in areas that have a hunting community. These thick wool plaid garments were standard hunting gear back in the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24