Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VintageGoth?

kerry

One of the Regulars
A couple of pics of me from the early eighties:)

piccyone.jpg

pic3.jpg

Im the blonde:)

Johanna

One of the Regulars
Those photos are so beautiful! You look especially amazing in the first one. I know most people here seem to dislike the 80s but it's really my very favourite period for pretty much everything.

kerry

One of the Regulars
Johanna said:
Those photos are so beautiful! You look especially amazing in the first one. I know most people here seem to dislike the 80s but it's really my very favourite period for pretty much everything.
Thanks Johanna, I had great fun dressing up and dyeing my hair, my mum used to make me unusual dresses to wear.
I think Ive just always loved to dress up which is why I love the vintage thing so much.I even dress up as a hobby as i do 17th century reenactment:)

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Yes, she has such beautiful skin!

I just love people who have a personal style that they are really into. I never understood why people wanted to wear the same thing as everyone else. I can't wait to get home this summer and have my boyfriend dye my hair green and black! :)

pgoat

One Too Many
we saw siouxie back in 91; I was shocked at how good she looked (and sounded)....hadn't seen a recent of pic of her in many years and she had been ill earlier in the year, so I was expecting the worst.

we had been sorry to miss them on the initial Lollapalooza tour the previous summer, which they cancelled out of. I believe they would have played just before jane's addiction on that bill, which also had Henry rollins, IceT/Body Count, Living Colour, and assorted side show booths.

Johanna

One of the Regulars
kerry said:
Thanks Johanna, I had great fun dressing up and dyeing my hair, my mum used to make me unusual dresses to wear.
I think Ive just always loved to dress up which is why I love the vintage thing so much.I even dress up as a hobby as i do 17th century reenactment:)

Same here really, and I do 18th century reenactment :)

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
kerry said:
A couple of pics of me from the early eighties:)
pic3.jpg

Im the blonde:)

TINA TURNER!! lol

i was a skater/punk poser for less than my 8th grade year, listened to hard rock, wore osiris shoes, kinda wore dark clothes and just kinda fell out of it during the last half of the year...guess it didnt hold my interest...got into highschool and got into the african american/hiphop culture...still with the aa culture but with more r&b than hiphop...

patience jovan! lol your style is cool, the first pic...like a 'lucky number slevin' type of deal...looks good, keep it up...and they ain't embarrassing lol

Jovan

Suspended

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
lollol that's a super long trench...if you read the imdb trivia they say it was made out of a light material so it would be all wavy and stuff when reeves moved...

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
something like that...but yah, sport that style..you look cool...and its unique...i dunno bout anyone but i haven't really seen it much anyway...then again im living in a place where ppl mainly wear cowboy boots and camoflauge so...lol

Naama

Practically Family
TheKitschGoth said:
I never got the Victoriana look, I prefer the Batcave style of dress. It always seemed more fun.

[/IMG]

I also sported the Batcave look ^^ Somewhere in between! I started with the "classic" Vampiresque loo, then came the Batcave look, then came the 60's Goth look (my own invention, influenced by 60's horror movies lol ) then came the 40's-50's Goth look (influenced by 50's horror movies) and then came the 20's Goth style which turned to a more authentic 20's style and here I am. I still wear almost no colours at all though...... (will I ever get rid of that?)

Unfortunately no pics, since I was pretty much afraid of the camera back then....

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Yesterday I wore the Siouxsie eyes to work. I'm lucky enough to work at a place that actually encourages dressing up! :) (Psst...my hair is windswept, not uncombed. Eek!)

2340160597_712c22b101.jpg

I have yet to master the pointy lips and 80's, painted-on cheekbones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred