Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

W535 ac-27753 A-2 size 46 Flight Jacket Goodwear REPRO *RELISTED*

too much coffee

Practically Family
Very nice early Goodwear...........but the sizes listed don't match a size 46. Jacket body too short, chest too small, shoulders appear too tight and sleeves are somewhat short. By chance did this A-2 receive a "Hot Water Treatment" as described on the Vintage Leather Jackets forum?

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
I think Goodwear jackets are sized like they would have been when issued new during WW2. With a chest of 23.5, it would be within range of that style of fitment. It does look like it was cut for a shorter person. I have a number of Goodwear, and they all have the WW2 sizing method. A Gibson and Barnes jacket with those measurements would probably be a 40 R. Other makers it would be a 42 (usually 4 inches bigger in the chest than the stated size). You have to go by measurements to get a correct fit, not the size label.

Last edited:

dadgad

New in Town
Very nice early Goodwear...........but the sizes listed don't match a size 46. Jacket body too short, chest too small, shoulders appear too tight and sleeves are somewhat short. By chance did this A-2 receive a "Hot Water Treatment" as described on the Vintage Leather Jackets forum?

This jacket is as new, no HWT at all, I am a true 42 and this fits me ok in lenght but it is a bit too wide in the chest area, would be ok for man with a 44 chest and around 5.8/9" tall.

dadgad

New in Town
I think Goodwear jackets are sized like they would have been when issued new during WW2. With a chest of 23.5, it would be within range of that style of fitment. It does look like it was cut for a shorter person. I have a number of Goodwear, and they all have the WW2 sizing method. A Gibson and Barnes jacket with those measurements would probably be a 40 R. Other makers it would be a 42 (usually 4 inches bigger in the chest than the stated size). You have to go by measurements to get a correct fit, not the size label.

You are absolutely right J66.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran