Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Waist coats are a jacket's best friend...

Feraud

Bartender
Mojave Jack said:
Now if I didn't have to sell my house to afford all these things, I'd get a few. How the heck can a vest cost $98? I just ordered a British India Officer's shirts, and it only cost $65. Surely a vest would be comparatively less considering how much less work goes into it.
I agree about the costs of the vests. Orvis is a tad over priced when it comes to their stuff. I don't fancy paying a 100 bucks for a vest when shirts are 50-70 dollars.
Btw, I have the British India Officer's shrit. Let me know how you like it when it arrives! We can do a "show & tell" review thread!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I've only come accross one I liked at a goodwill. I wear it ALL the time though. It's got a cool pattern in the silk back, and a neat little deco design in the buckle on the back. My dad says it's '70's. I'm thinking eariler.

what do you think? can you tell anything from the cloth?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
My favorite daytime waistcoat. J. Peterman by way of eBay.

newpics022.jpg

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Feraud said:
I agree about the costs of the vests. Orvis is a tad over priced when it comes to their stuff. I don't fancy paying a 100 bucks for a vest when shirts are 50-70 dollars.
Btw, I have the British India Officer's shrit. Let me know how you like it when it arrives! We can do a "show & tell" review thread!

Well, it arrived...but it's going back. Shall we start a thread?

Nick Charles

Practically Family
I would most defintatley. L-XL I look every couple of days at the Peterman stuff, and lately its been quite picked over, I did get a really nice plaid shirt and Yellow sweater vest though.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Bought two vests...

recently only to discover that I'm not really a dress vest kinda guy...

Both are 100% wool, NWT, Oscar de la Renta. (See Classifieds for details.)

Brown:

Vest2.jpg

Navy Blue:

Vest1.jpg

thetankw/ahat

Familiar Face
i have to admit in the summers here in sunny san diego you dont get much chance to wear my fine collection of sportcoats so everytime i stop in at the salvation army i look at both waistcoats and sportcoats. i cant believe you guys would spend 30-70 on a waistcoat i could get at a thrift store for about 3-5. plus i have a seamstress for a mother so she can make me a vest or jacket if i want. i have fabrics waiting to be converted as we speak. as an added bonus i dont have to go to a tailor to get my pants hemmed.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Bump!! waist-coat season is now in...

Get those waistcoats out for the northern hemisphere! It's that time again gents :) Wonderful..isn't it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana