Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wal-mart.....Black Tie Only??????

decodoll

Practically Family
My husband came across it on Craigslist. Unfortunately, no reference to what paper it was from to begin with.

I really, really wonder what more casual than Wal-mart looks like. The only thing I can imagane are the PJ's previously mentioned.

Steve

Practically Family
decodoll said:
My husband sent this to me the other day. It hilarious and very, very sad all at the same time. Having never been to a Wal-mart, I didn't realize it was such a ritzy establishment. ;)

redneckshopping.jpg
Oh. Man. That's just beyond words. You said you've never been to Wal-Mart? That is amazing; how I wish I could say the same!

I can readily concur with all of you who wonder about what "casual" has become. I live in the FL panhandle, my home is about one mile as the crow flies from a well-known beach. That said, it's downright jaw-dropping to see just what people wear to Wal-Mart, or anywhere for that matter. I mean, there's the usual array of surfers in their raggy shorts, polo shirts and flip flops (which for some of them is wedding attire,) but then there's the demographic that will bare all in public. And when I say bare all, I mean covering just enough to avoid getting arrested. It's astounding. And disgusting.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
My wife works at Wal-Mart and sees people in there wearing pajamas and fuzzy house slippers all the time. I don't want to imagine any more casual than that!:eek:

Brad

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
What, you live in Panama CIty Beach?

Steve said:
Oh. Man. That's just beyond words. You said you've never been to Wal-Mart? That is amazing; how I wish I could say the same!

I can readily concur with all of you who wonder about what "casual" has become. I live in the FL panhandle, my home is about one mile as the crow flies from a well-known beach. That said, it's downright jaw-dropping to see just what people wear to Wal-Mart, or anywhere for that matter. I mean, there's the usual array of surfers in their raggy shorts, polo shirts and flip flops (which for some of them is wedding attire,) but then there's the demographic that will bare all in public. And when I say bare all, I mean covering just enough to avoid getting arrested. It's astounding. And disgusting.

You just described where I Live (Panama CIty Area) to a tee. Even the middle aged men here seem to have an affinty for jeans 4 inches too long with ragged bottoms, and of course the always favored red neck shower shoe. I thought about having T-Shirts made with these words on the back "Flip-Flops suck, back to the trailer park witih thee!" :kick:
Dusty

Naama

Practically Family
There are really kids out there who go in pajamas to school??? Must be a rather american thing (sorry) but over here the kids would rather die than do something like that (if they don't get "killed" (you know, not in a physical way)) But sure, that doesn't mean they are dressed well......

Naama

Naama said:
There are really kids out there who go in pajamas to school??? Must be a rather american thing (sorry) but over here the kids would rather die than do something like that (if they don't get "killed" (you know, not in a physical way)) But sure, that doesn't mean they are dressed well......

Naama

Seems to be common with college kids over here as well as high school students. I'm thinking of introducing a dress code for the class i teach.

And for those who haven't been to Wal-Mart, count yourselves lucky. I'm scarred for life. Now i want to go to a dollar general (where i'm guessing everything costs a dollar).

bk

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
The main thing about Dollar General is not the general lack of fashion, but the strange fact that 80% of the shoppers are middle-aged women who are under 5 feet tall but over 200 pounds.

varga49

One of the Regulars
having workd with hard core gang members

Bebop said:
I think it is crazy to keep any kid from wearing a certain color because some idiots wear that color for their gang. It validates the power these gangs have. Those are colors, not gang colors.
usually and unfortunately non-gang type kids find out the hard way which colors to wear and/or not wear.

Feraud

Bartender
decodoll said:
That is a scary comment!
I do not think people should have to get "all dressed up" to go shopping or when living in hot, humid areas. What is disturbing is her feeling that Wal-Mart necessitates having to dress in an uncomfortable way! Some restaurants require you 'dress up'. Walmart is the exact opposite. If she does not want to comply with a Wal-Mart style dress code, I do not want to imagine how she wants to go out in public! :eek:

Sometimes I fear the people!

Feraud said:
That is a scary comment!
I do not think people should have to get "all dressed up" to go shopping or when living in hot, humid areas. What is disturbing is her feeling that Wal-Mart necessitates having to dress in an uncomfortable way! Some restaurants require you 'dress up'. Walmart is the exact opposite. If she does not want to comply with a Wal-Mart style dress code, I do not want to imagine how she wants to go out in public! :eek:

Sometimes I fear the people!

Let's see if we ca build a profile for this woman. Vlad got a pretty good amount down.
Under five feet tall
Over 200 pounds
Dressed in a large flower print Moomoo or pajamas
Shower shoes
Hair up in a bun or disheveled like she just got out of bed
Smoking a cigarette and squinting through the smoke.
Deep gravely voice
Ok, now we have a profile in case you meet her in the Dollar Palace. :p ;)
Any additions?:)

Regards to all,

J

Feraud

Bartender
jamespowers said:
Let's see if we ca build a profile for this woman. Vlad got a pretty good amount down.
Under five feet tall
Over 200 pounds
Dressed in a large flower print Moomoo or pajamas
Shower shoes
Hair up in a bun or disheveled like she just got out of bed
Smoking a cigarette and squinting through the smoke.
Deep gravely voice
Ok, now we have a profile in case you meet her in the Dollar Palace. :p ;)
Any additions?:)

Regards to all,

J
btw, I think her hair in a bun is a very generous description. More likely scraggly hair that looks like it has never been introduced to a brush!
Her 'dress up' outfit consists of a t-shirt with company logo that she received for free. Maybe not spandex but that jogging pant style outfit without fitted cuffs.
Include in this ensemble the latest cell phone with "bling" hanging off it. They always have 'em.

Emily C.

New in Town
Oh goodness! I have seen a lady in Wal-Mart that fits the description perfectly, it must be her! That poor lady needs to visit the Wal-Mart where I live, beacause 99.9% of people under the age of 20 are in their pajamas and fuzzy slippers(that irritates me so much!)

Perhaps we are all behind in the latest trend and Pj's and slippers are, "IN"?

Baron Kurtz said:
Naaah, i'm seeing spandex ... but i don't want to.

Nooooooo! Spandex? I thought they only made that up to a certain size or is it that they should only make it up to a certain size? :eek:
Geez, they are worried about second hand smoke all over the place. I think that is more of a hazzard. Might cause blindness or convulsions. ;) :p
The cell phone with Bling? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! They should need a license for those and the spandex. ;)

Regards to all,

J

Feraud

Bartender
jamespowers said:
Nooooooo! Spandex? I thought they only made that up to a certain size or is it that they should only make it up to a certain size? :eek:
Geez, they are worried about second hand smoke all over the place. I think that is more of a hazzard. Might cause blindness or convulsions. ;) :p
The cell phone with Bling? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! They should need a license for those and the spandex. ;)

Regards to all,

J
I thought the genius (or is it curse) of spandex is the "one size fits all" theory? Btw, that is a horrible theory..:D A license to purchase cell phones and spandex?? Genius! I second that.
Can I create the written test for cellphones?
Question 1 - If you checking out at a supermarket is it appropriate to use a cellphone?
a - No
b- Duh..NO!!
:D

Feraud said:
I thought the genius (or is it curse) of spandex is the "one size fits all" theory? Btw, that is a horrible theory..:D A license to purchase cell phones and spandex?? Genius! I second that.
Can I create the written test for cellphones?
Question 1 - If you checking out at a supermarket is it appropriate to use a cellphone?
a - No
b- Duh..NO!!
:D

C: If you are under 5 feet and weight over 200 pounds is it appropriate to wear Spandex anywhere?
D : Noooooooooooooooooooooo! :p

Regards to all,

J

P.S. You guys are killing me. The next thing we are going to bring up is when is a Teddy really a Grizzly. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran