Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted: Grosgrain ribbon

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
I know there are several threads on hat supply, but most of them have a minimum order size that's more $$ than I'd like to put into a certain project hat. In other words, I don't want to spend $28+ on ribbon for a hat that I paid $9 for.

So I'm looking for a yard or two of ribbon ... standard cotton/rayon blend grosgrain we use for hat ribbon. One inch wide and preferably light brown, though color is something I am open to consider.

I'm not looking for handouts, I'll pay whatever it's worth plus shipping, just don't need enough of it to order from a hat supply jobber.

PM please!!! and thanks in advance,
- Jacob

epr25

Practically Family
You might want to try going to Joann fabrics or a Hobby Lobby. They have a large selection and you can buy only what you need.

Vanessa

One Too Many
J.T.Marcus said:
Vanessa, Thanks for the tip on Farmhouse. I now have them bookmarked.

They are a great source & very friendly. Plus, they are usually available by phone if you have questions about matching colors or anything.

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
Thanks everyone!

I was about to try hatsupply.com, but that minimum order is just too much for what I need. For $28 minimum order I can get 35 or more yards of ribbon? I would just never use it in my lifetime. The other site looks like a $10 order, not as bad. If I can't find someone to buy just a few yards from, I'll give it a shot.

Thanks again!

Sunny

One Too Many
Do you want grosgrain, or do you want petersham? Petersham is practically identical to grosgrain except that it lacks the tiny woven edge. Therefore it can be ironed into curves. I've gotten mine from Judith M Millinery Supplies. No minimum order (well, 1 yard), lots of colors, and very fast shipping IIRC.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Vanessa, Thanks for the link to Farmhouse Fabrics. Ijust ordered 18 yards in two widths and three fabric colors from them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy