Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted LW Bedford car coat or similar

threewheeler

New in Town
I am in search of Horsehide Lost Worlds Bedford car coat/Barnstormer or something very similar, must be single breasted and be belted with button up front, prefer a brown colour or a really worn and faded black one, size 40. It is going to be used on a 1920/30s unrestored motorcycle so the more aged the better, any condition considered.
Many thanks
Martin

Tony B

One of the Regulars
Hi Martin
Short of ordering one of the ones mentioned you are either going to have to be very lucky or be prepared to compromise, so you might have to think which features you would most be prepared to compromise on.

Also are you on a budget or a throw money at it approach.

Regards Tony

threewheeler

New in Town
Hi Tony
Thought i might have to compromise a little if an old one comes up but if i end up buying a new one that'll be no probs, really would like an aged one, i have seen very similar style jackets made for workwear in 20/30s, i'll keep looking for the time.
Martin

Tony B

One of the Regulars
At least with your size you have a chance of getting an old one.....I'm 46-47 so have sod all chance of anything vintage but good luck to you.

Regards Tony

Tony B

One of the Regulars
Threewheller I want to pm you a link to someone who might have what you want but I think you need to have 5 posts up before you can get PMs so stick a couple up somewhere will you so I can give you the link.

I would normally post it in public but they have one in my size ...the day after a bought a grey version from germany which has used up my jacket allowance until next year...... which is only a week and a bit off so hopefully they will still have it then but I don't need anymore competition form you lot on here.

Regards tony

Tony B

One of the Regulars
Bugger it still won't let you get PMs.... Ill have to do it here.

I hope you didn't get your hopes up too much as having a look through his listings he doesn't have anything that matches you description at the moment...he has one along the lines of what you are after that someone has chopped the belt off but it does have a sheepskin liner for the winter. judging by his stock and where he is I would say he goes to france and gets stock from fleemarkets and frequently has jackets matching what you are after.

I have seem him with a few jackets that were pretty much what you described, and they all seem to have a good bit of age to them.

So presuming you are on ebay stick him in your saved sellers list and keep an eye on his stock...with a bit of luck in the new year he might get something in that is just what you are after.
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/lilysplace&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSX:SELLERID&_trksid=p3984.m1543.l2533

threewheeler

New in Town
Thanks for that Tony, i have seen some of his stuff on there before, im sure something will come up soon if not i ll just have to order a LW bedford and drag it around the yard to age it
Martin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24