Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wanted..... Salvidor Dali tie

DamianM

Vendor
Well i met a guy this weekend that had a box full of Dali's
They are around. reasonably priced maybe not.
Once I got lucky of getting one for $15 at an overpriced vintage store.

$200+ online

TomS

One Too Many
For the heck of it I looked on the bay and saw a few that were around 25.00. I'm presuming these are copies or otherwise not *correct*? I'm curious now, and hope someone can clear it up for me!
Thanks,
Tom

I had someone in the US bid on a lot for me a couple months ago but we didn't win. There was a Dali (it was "Neptune's Chessmen") in amongst the 40 or so other 20s-40s ties. The lot sold for $33.

tbh I'm not prepared to pay more than that. I'm not all that hooked on the Dali ties, not being a collector. They were produced by relatively middle range companies after all. Not very high quality ties back in the day. Give me a good Amos Sulka Moiré silk tie any day.

AtlantaSpike

Familiar Face
With you on that Baron - I have three Dali ties I've just stumbled on over the years, and while I am glad I have them, there are many in my collection I find more pleasing. I WOULD like to have the peacock one though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats