Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WANTED!

mingoslim

Practically Family
Seriously . . . I am looking for a tweed vest or two, and so far my search has turned up bupkis . . .

Anyone have a vintage (or newer, vintage style) tweed vest in XL/XXL, 48/48 L? Sale or trade? I will be forever indebted :)

MisterGrey

Practically Family
Target has a tweed vest among its current line of "fashion vests." If you're looking for top-dollar-designer-quality-James-Bond-would-wear-this, it's not what you're after. But if you simply want a nice looking tweed vest, go for it. They're rather inexpensive (< $30), to boot, and the quality, from what I could tell trying them on in the store, wasn't too shoddy, either. I've read some decent reviews of Target suits around here, so make of that what you will.

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
I'd second Target as a possibility-I recently picked up a tweed XL vest at Target on sale for around $20.00. Frankly, the quality is pretty decent considering...

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Just a note to say that Target does not list many of their clothing options on their website. Luckily (?) I pass about four of them on the way home from work so it's easy for me to pop in and see what they have in stock. And yes, I have one tweed vest from them and I have my eye on another.

I know that they cannot be considered quality tweed, but really the price is unbeatable.

MisterGrey

Practically Family
A note on Target's sizing, if you happen to order one online-- you'll probably need to order the next size up. I normally wear a "medium" in non-numbered clothing sizes, but take a "large" in Target's offerings.

Traget Tweed Vest

Cheer folks Target`s tweed vest is a nice vest for the money,my wife bought me one a month ago,green tweed.Good waist taper on it and if you wear your pocket watch and carry a vintage fountain pen it fits the bill.BB

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
J Crew also sell several different tweed vests. They are relatively well made from good fabric.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21