Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wardrobe Clearance, Keen Prices!

Edward

Bartender
Alas, the recession has bitten hard in the Marlowe household, and needs must that I clear out some items I've had sitting around that I do not wear for whatever reason (not least my expanded girth of recent years).

First up, we have a nice, wool suit in a bottle green. Excellent condition, tailored by Stephen Strang Ltd of Glasgow. It was sold to me as bespoke, though M2M is possible. I'm pretty sure it's not OTR. Lovely condition. I can find a couple of tiny nibbles underneath the arms, but I really have to look for them and can't get them to show up in photos.

IMGP2921.jpg

Camera flash has washed it out a little: it's a rich, vibrant colour. Two button, notch lapel.

IMGP2913.jpg

I will provide detailed measurements of the jacket asap (please pm in meantime if interested), however I estimate that the jacket would best fit a 38-40" chest. Regular length. Trousers are 36" waist, uncuffed and approx 29" inside leg with a little room to let down. I will measure again and confirm (I am currently only online in the office), but I believe there should be sufficient cloth to get about 31.5" inside leg. Waist can be taken in a bit with the use of sliders:

IMGP2922.jpg

IMGP2922.jpg

IMGP2911.jpg

I suspect this suit was probably tailored in the 1980s, though it could pass for much earlier.

Lovely suit, asking GBP30.00 plus postage to buyer. Happy to post transatlantic.

Edward

Bartender
Cotton Summer Boating Jacket - 20s style?

This next piece is an interesting one: a fully-lined, cotton Summer blazer, with a nautical vibe to it. Labelled "Victorian, though I would have said 1920s style myself: ideal for events such as Chap Olympiads, Goodwood, Summer parties..... you know the drill. It is of a modern manufacture, and the brand is "All Saints". Bought for costume purposes, marked down from the original price of GBP150, but turned out to be too small for me and has thus never even had the tag taken off. I wish it did fit, but nope, so it has to go! Again, more accurate measurements to follow, but it is approx 38-40" chest

It does have a ghastly logo on the back inside panel of the lining, but it's not as if that will ever be seen, so it won't ruin a vintage 'look'. ;)

Asking GBP25 plus postage (or GBP30 inclusive of postage if buyer is within the UK).

IMGP2926.jpg

IMGP2927.jpg

IMGP2929.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Fawn/tan heavy wool trousers

Beautiful pair of vintage trousers that I have, alas, always been too fat to fit into. Labelled 36" waist (could be taken in by a few inches, but nothing to take out or I'd be wearing them!), "L" length. Lovely, heavy wool. Braces buttons fitted. Overall condition is excellent, with just one little moth nibble I can find that is a divot (you have to look for it), but nothing approaching a hole. Waist has buttons to take it in a bit if required. Judging by the label (which bears a wool mark, so post 1961) I would say actual date of manufacture is probably 1980s. If they fitted me, I'd wear them in the Autumn with an A2 or a halfbelt, and an Irvin or B3 in Winter.

IMGP2930.jpg

Label is John G Hardy, "Made in Great Britain", and carries one of those "By Royal Appointment" labels.

IMGP2934.jpg

IMGP2935.jpg

Asking GBP15ONO, plus postage.

As per above, PM with interest / questions / etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt