Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Waxed cotton canvas trucker jacket help

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I have a Filson - it's a pretty ordinary jacket for the money. The oilcloth is no where near as solid as a Drizabone. I'd rate it a 7 out of 10 - Carhartt with attitude.

barnabus

One Too Many
Here's the second version of the Gustin waxed trucker, I think they changed the dimmensions and added a couple of details to the green one. It's becoming my go to jacket. They normally bring it ack to production every few months as Proteinnerd said.
7cb97d1aa8b0a88237cd6401dfb81267.jpg
17ad53d26e3cf390fd843730fa714b54.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks great on you, fits really well. Lots of support for Gustin, it seems...

While not a trucker, Vanson teamed up with Union Garage to make a very nice waxed cotton jacket. And if you ride, I believe the jacket accepts armor inserts. I have seen them go for around US$350 on eBay.

apba1166

A-List Customer
I had the Filson levis, it was decent, but I sold it for more than I paid because of brand inflation. I have handled the freenote lined olive, it was better than the filson, but way overpriced as you say. I now have the lined iron and resin bought discounted and well worth it. Perhaps a bit less stylish than freenote but not by much, but a bit thicker I think. You can't go wrong at the price. Warmer.

MushroomMan

New in Town
I have the Filson X Levi's trucker jacket in perfect condition, waxed Tin Cloth, size M. It is too small for me. I'm 5'9 155 and it fits, but feels tight across the back. I am willing to sell. I need to find out what I paid, but PM if interested.

barnabus

One Too Many
I've spend a couple of weeks now drawing a blank. I've also broadened my search to account of casechopper's earlier suggestion of home-waxing a regular canvas trucker: but i can't even seem to find one of those in the colour I'm looking for!

(Not quite true, as i was watching a Wrangler example on eBay but missed the end of the auction by seconds due to work; furious! )

Of course, it doesn't help at all that I'm on a strict budget and can't really afford to throw hundreds and hundreds of dollars at some of the tremendous suggestions from earlier in this thread.

Just grumbling... don't mind me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch