Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Waxed Cotton Classic Motorcycling over Trousers

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars
Was looking for some traditional wax cotton waterproofs to go with my Barbour International.

Barbour no longer make the traditional ones. Nor do Belstaff.

I tried EBay witch resulted in some olive green internationals which are great but so small.

Can’t seem to find my size.

So I found and ordered these: https://www.holden.co.uk/displayProduct.asp?pCode=052.125/L#

Will let you know how I get on if anyone interested…

Cheerio

James.

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars

They arrived today and I must say I am happy with them.

The cotton is a nice weight but not as heavy as the original ones but this makes them more comfortable.

The side entry zip is on the other side but the zip itself is not as long, so not quite as easy to get into but still ok. They have no pocket entry zip on the opposite side.

The detailing is similar but not as many press studs on the leg straps. It’s no problem putting them on with boots on.

Not cheap but overall I am pleased and they will go well with my international jacket.

I am entered in this years Banbury Run on my 1929 BSA and almost hope it will rain now!

James.

Twit

One of the Regulars
I've got a pair of those and they work well, and a genuinely waterproof!!

I use them for trailing, got the Lands End trial in a couple of weeks and one thing for certain is that it will rain, it always does... I'll be at the Banbury run, not riding - none of my bikes are old enough - but lugging a few about for a mate. Great day!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran