Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

We could use a chat room on this forum, what do ya say????

rue

7am, and Rue's drinking...tsk tsk tsk....

A thread is not by any means the same as a chat room. A chat is personal (if you'd like it to be) and social. It's a conversation between friends and potential friends, you find things in common much quicker on a chat and on the odd chance someone (like myself, or Rue when she's drinking) would get out of hand you can boot them out of the chat and it's done. It's like having everyone able to talk like were together in a room, it's NICE guys, it works, and it would be a great addition here. I joined this forum in 2004, and many times I would have liked to have a conversation with someone who had knowledge about something I was interested in without posting it publicly. Im sure I would have spent much more time on here if that would have been a possibility.

Ahem.... First of all it was 8 am here (Ohio is an hour ahead of you :p ) and second.... I'm not drinking.... not yet anyway :p

Thirdly and seriously....
My argument for the chat room: No one has to be annoyed by all the chatter here or at least not as often.

Against.... like I said earlier... it might take away from the threads.

Blackjack

One Too Many
Ahem.... First of all it was 8 am here (Ohio is an hour ahead of you :p ) and second.... I'm not drinking.... not yet anyway :p

Thirdly and seriously....
My argument for the chat room: No one has to be annoyed by all the chatter here or at least not as often.

Against.... like I said earlier... it might take away from the threads.

My wife is in Cincinnati so I was a tempted to pour a little Bailie's in my coffee this morning. :))))))
So... yes, yes, and nah

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm sure the bartenders could correct you there. Whilst it gives the appearance of being extremely civilised, this is largely due to hard work from the moderators. That's not to say that most discussions here aren't civilised, just that many enough discussions have had to have posts removed or even be closed down.

Quite right! I've been guilty of this myself. We're fortunate to have eagle-eyed bartenders who are keen to multiple cultures and sensibilities.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I joined this forum in 2004, and many times I would have liked to have a conversation with someone who had knowledge about something I was interested in without posting it publicly. Im sure I would have spent much more time on here if that would have been a possibility.
Wait, you are aware of the PM feature, right?:confused:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
It's full of complaints :p
Actually it's chock full of wonderful notes from other loungers. Many are from you and I'm loath to delete such sweet thoughts as I find myself rereading them over and over again........:love:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112