Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wedding Attire Questions

MississippiLong

One of the Regulars
I'm a groomsman in a buddy's wedding this weekend. I know i'll be wearing a tux to the ceremony but the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner are a different story. it is outside at night and will have a mexican theme. (mexican buffet and coronas) so....mexican theme: can i wear linen pants and flip flops (the groom told me he would be wearing flip flops) and a button up shirt w/a straw/panama hat? but it's already fall so that seems out. what about a lightweight felt fedora, cotton blazer, a button up and jeans....i don't know...someone give me something to go on.

Edward

Bartender
If in doubt, I'd go for blazer, trousers, collared shirt and tie and a pair of plainish leather shoes. Blues / greys rather than brown tones. If you find when you get there that everyone else is considerably more informal than yourself, you can lose the tie and, at a push, the jacket to blend in. Much easier than arriving and discovering everyone else is much more formal than yourself.

ortega76

Practically Family
I'd say the difficulty lies in not showing up the groom. If he's keeping it casual- you probably should as well. I agree that a jacket, collared shirt, trousers and tie (with the understanding that you might lose the tie or jacket or both) would solve a lot of problems. I also like the modern, yet classic, option of jeans (especially a dark denim) with a blazer and collared shirt. I would pick the latter, especially in the fall and you don't want to show up the groom.

MississippiLong

One of the Regulars
i think i chose wisely....what dya say?
n27410604_38797962_9311.jpg

n27410604_38797961_9089.jpg

(we all dressed nearly identically).....i wore a stylemaster to set it off a little differently. if you'll notice in the second picture the fella in the far left is dressed identically as well, but is actually wearing flip flops...hilarious.

Edward

Bartender
Looks like the other guys all read your thread for clothing advice too! lol

Like the Stylemaster - great hat, one of those is definitely on my wishlist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy