Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weird Food Combinations

LizzieMaine

Bartender
My kid brother used to absolutely love peanut butter-and-tunafish sandwiches. Now that's just sick. Tunafish and deviled ham I can understand, that's a great combination everyone should try -- but peanut butter and tunafish -- ewwwwww.

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Joie DeVive said:
I've got a couple, both with dijon mustard.

I like dijon mustard with peanut butter on triscuts.

My favorite that freaks people out is popcorn with dijon mustard butter and dill. :D

So many come back to Peanut Butter....

Interesting.

Gilbey

One of the Regulars
In a meal in itself, I like spam and rice with scrambled eggs. Another alternative would be sardines and rice with scrambled eggs, and sometimes with pork and beans on the side. Both meal goes well with Coca Cola too. :)

Miss.Beast

New in Town
LolitaHaze said:
I like kraft mayo on bread... Nothing else... just mayonnaise sandwiches.

Haha. Me too. And my little cousin.
I also love tomato sauce (red ketchup) sandwiches.
And brown sauce sandwiches.
All plain as well.

I used to enjoy tomato sauce on popcorn...haven't tried that in a long time :D

Mayo is the best though!

erikb02809 said:
during my college years, I found out that macaroni and cheese with A1 bold is kinda good.

Actually, you'd be surprised how good A-1 can be with many pastas--I usually have the cook down at the greasy-spoon marinate the chicken for my fettucine Alfredo in A1 before throwing it on the grill, and dump a bit over the complete entree. Some of the cheese sauces in the "It's Pasta Anytime" line are a little strong for me, and I found A1 to be a perfect dilution for those.

Anyone else ever use A1 and/or Arby's sauce in chili? Best. Sauces. Ever!

Viola said:
Not a food, but various grape/blackberry/cherry Manischewitz in Dr. Pepper. Hey, its not like blackberry Manischewitz is good wine in the first place! :D
Ugggh! *spit-take* Why contaminate good Dr Pepper? Young lady, if that had been with the good stuff from the Dr Pepper Museum instead of the corn-syrup-laced crap that's the current formula, I'd be callin' you out...:p

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback said:
Ugggh! *spit-take* Why contaminate good Dr Pepper? Young lady, if that had been with the good stuff from the Dr Pepper Museum instead of the corn-syrup-laced crap that's the current formula, I'd be callin' you out...:p

Its Dr. Pepper that gets you drunk! That's an awesome concept! If they refuse to bring out their own line, they can't hope for anything but people pouring alcoholic pie-filling into their sodas!

-Viola

Nashoba

One Too Many
I was talked into trying cheese and chocolate once and was surprised it's actually not bad.
We have a friend who puts peanut butter on peperoni pizza
One of my favorite dips though is to combine cream cheese and a can of chili heat them up together until blended and then dip tortilla chips into it. It can't possibly be good for me, but I like it.

Technonut

Practically Family
RIOT said:
MmmMmm.. SPAM...

Well, what've you got?

Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam; spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam...or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmz_FD-YxUo

:D lol :D

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Nashoba said:
One of my favorite dips though is to combine cream cheese and a can of chili heat them up together until blended and then dip tortilla chips into it. It can't possibly be good for me, but I like it.

That's not weird, it's wonderful!!
If you haven't tried it with Nacho Cheese Doritos before, I highly recommend it.
That's how my Auntie serves it. :essen:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy