Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Well, It Looks Like I'm On Strike...

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
One more scribbler here sending all the best to you and the rest of the WGA, and hopes for a swift resolution.

Mr. Lucky said:
My favorite chant of yesterday - What do we want? RESIDUALS! When do we want 'em? LATER.
Perfect! :eusa_clap

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Hey, kids! Just a bit of the update here. I've moved from NBC to Warner Bros. and traded Jay Leno for Teamsters. Actually, it's going really well - spirits are still high and those...in management, well, they keep buryin' themselves. They claim poverty when it comes to the internet, then they say this -

watch

panamag8or

Practically Family
RondoHatton said:
What's your skinny on duration? How long before the DaddyWarBucks producer conglomerate realizes they are cooking their own goose?

The 1988 strike lasted 22 weeks.:eek: Of course, TV in 1988 was pretty crummy, so no one really noticed.

However, it also screwed the world out of a chance to see Gilda Radner host SNL before she died.:mad:

DavidVillaJr

One of the Regulars
I have the utmost respect for you fellows and ladies out there fighting for what you believe in. I support the strike 100%. I think you all deserve the "raise" you are fighting for.

HOWEVER....

I feel the writers of SOUL PLANE owe me an apology at least....lol

dv

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
DavidVillaJr said:
HOWEVER....

I feel the writers of SOUL PLANE owe me an apology at least....lol

dv
I don't know about an apology from THEM, but as a member of the WGA and a human being, please, send me your address - I'll send you the cost of your ticket. ;)

mineral

One of the Regulars
From what I have read, I honestly think management is, no, not even greedy, but just plain insane to fight over what looks like small peanuts to them. I really can't understand what they look to gain out of this.

Good luck with the strike, Mr. Lucky. You writers deserve the earnings.

Doh!

One Too Many
Mr. Lucky said:
Hey, kids! Just a bit of the update here. I've moved from NBC to Warner Bros. and traded Jay Leno for Teamsters. Actually, it's going really well - spirits are still high and those...in management, well, they keep buryin' themselves. They claim poverty when it comes to the internet, then they say this -

watch

Brilliant! That's probably the best one out there that demonstrates who's truly being greedy.

A.R. McVintage

Well, the studios already threatened to sue the producers of all of these shows who are also on strike, correct? Which would mean they are making a hollow gesture since going to court would entail their books being open for independent scrutiny...so, since they already fired all their shots before even leaving harbor, what more can they do but watch the public get angrier and their market dwindle further?

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Glad to hear that morale's still high and the fight goes on.

It's also refreshing to see so much support for the writers from people outside the industry. While it breaks my heart to see how BTL people are being fired as a result of this, the fact that they're still standing behind the WGA as well is a real credit to their character. I hope that when their next contract negotiation comes around, there'll be similarly solid support from WGA, SAG and DGA to help them get a better deal than the one they currently have (which, to my understanding, includes a 'no strike' clause).

Everyone needs to get back to the table, but that can only happen with good faith on both sides. From what I understand of the situation, that doesn't seem likely in the immediate future.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, I just read your blog. Good stuff! :eusa_clap
Everyone knows that more distribution streams mean more money. There's no reason, other than greed, to deny a fair share to everyone involved in creating the product. Hang in there. You folks are fighting the good fight.

DavidVillaJr

One of the Regulars
Mr. Lucky said:
I don't know about an apology from THEM, but as a member of the WGA and a human being, please, send me your address - I'll send you the cost of your ticket. ;)

No monetary recompensation necessary, just keep on keepin' on.

dv

DavidVillaJr

One of the Regulars
Don't feel badly, I only watched it on cable. It didn't cost me anything except time really. I know, I know, you should have changed the channel - well, I kept expecting something to happen. You know - something funny.... Oh well...

Save your nickels.

Good luck out there....

dv

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Lucky said:

watch

Hey, I'm a Teamster.:eek:fftopic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk