Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Were Being Laughed At Big Time And It Will Pi @@ You Off !

Status
Not open for further replies.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Well Fellow Loungers I came across this and it Pi@@ed me off in a big way.
I lifts weights to stay in shape and on this Bodybuilding Forum I ran across this Thread talking about a woman on the "Fedora Lounge" and if she was 9 or a 10 and low and behold there ware a bunch of pictures of fellow loungers with disparaging remarks about us .

Look and see for yourself .

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167815571

ff, it's been going on a while and there have been posts about it before here on the FL. I don't think they're worthy of our attention.

Nobert

Practically Family
I agree, after scanning a few pages, it's not really worth considering. I only want to put as a caveat to any of the ladies of the Lounge who may be tempted to click the link, there is some pretty knuckle-dragging stuff directed at female members here. Real 'I weep for humanity' things. I'm sure most are tough enough to take it, it's just an attempt at a friendly heads up.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Meh, I wouldn't worry too much about what they think. It's not like they're the brightest crayons in the box over there....

A_Musclehead_II.jpg

Enjoy, ladies!

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Meh. If they've nothing better to do... Guess there are just some folks out there who can't understand / feel threatdned by something they don't get, and so feel the need to mock. Haters gonna hate... no skin off my nose, it's their own time they're wasting. [huh]

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey, I see I made their wall of fame (wall of shame??) a couple times. I feel real honored that these folks would take the time to include me. :D

LizzieMaine

Bartender
A bunch of them registered here about a month or so ago, and began posting about this thread in the "What Are You Wearing" thread to draw attention to it, and Retro Spectator had the best response to them of anybody. Completely took away their power to razz him in any way.

Loungers, of course, have had their share of fun over the years at the expense of persons who failed to meet their standards of dress or grooming. Most of the "fashion fora" have gone in for that sort of thing to one extent or another. Just another way in which the internet has brought love and harmony to the world.

We have a warning in the Powder Room that members posting photos of themselves do so entirely at their own risk. Anything you post on the internet at any time becomes fair game for anyone for any purpose, and there isn't a thing we, as Bartenders, can do about it once it's off this site.

Last edited:

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
I got quite a laugh out of it. The illiterate spelling and grammar ads zest to their moronic comments. Thanks for brightening my day.

I got quite a laugh out of it. The illiterate spelling and grammar ads zest to their moronic comments. Thanks for brightening my day.

Ain't it the truth!!

Great photograb, there, Terry!! A Perfect example of what we're up against. Eew.

But more important, FashionFrank, is to never be offended by a fool. As my Grandmother used to say, "Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference!"

Last edited:

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A bunch of them registered here about a month or so ago, and began posting about this thread in the "What Are You Wearing" thread to draw attention to it, and Retro Spectator had the best response to them of anybody. Completely took away their power to razz him in any way.
Loungers, of course, have had their share of fun over the years at the expense of persons who failed to meet their standards of dress or grooming. Most of the "fashion fora" have gone in for that sort of thing to one extent or another. Just another way in which the internet has brought love and harmony to the world.

We have a warning in the Powder Room that members posting photos of themselves do so entirely at their own risk. Anything you post on the internet at any time becomes fair game for anyone for any purpose, and there isn't a thing we, as Bartenders, can do about it once it's off this site.

What did he day? Do you recall?

I'm paraphrasing but he said something to the effect that 'I dont care if people make fun of me, they're at least noticing me.' I loved it.

Feraud

Bartender
If I EVER appear to care what a gym rat thinks of me, someone please give me a swift kick in the rear!

Life is too short to deal with idiots and I include quite a few of those types in the group.

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
He joined their site, identified himself, refused to take offense, thanked them for the constructive criticism and just went right on being himself. More power to him.

I'm afraid that I'm a bit confused. If you are speaking about me, I never joined their site. :confused:

I did, however, reply to them in the What are You Wearing Today thread.

Here's the quotes from What Are you Wearing Today.

The first quote.

I would like to thank the Body Builder/Miscers for telling me about my moustache. I was thinking of shaving it off, but you fellows have helped me decided! Off it goes! Thanks for helping me decide! :D

The second quote.

I shaved the moustache. I did not make the decision simply because the Bodybuilding forum members suggested it, but rather, they reminded me that I was planning on shaving it off anyway. I can take insults. If people are laughing at me, so be it. At least I made them laugh! :D

I am glad I made them laugh. It makes me happy to know I made someone, somewhere laugh! :D

fashion frank

One Too Many
Atta Boy !

I'm afraid that I'm a bit confused. If you are speaking about me, I never joined their site. :confused:

I did, however, reply to them in the What are You Wearing Today thread.

Here's the quotes from What Are you Wearing Today.

The first quote.

The second quote.

I am glad I made them laugh. It makes me happy to know I made someone, somewhere laugh! :D

I like your style kid ,as Lizzie so rightly pointed out you took the steam right out of their engine !

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails