Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Were Being Laughed At Big Time And It Will Pi @@ You Off !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

Bartender
It seems that some here feel that they must post a link to this site about once a week or so. Guess I just don't get it. Who cares what they think or enjoy belittling ..??
HD

Exactly. These things are only annoying if you let them be.

Your grandmother was paraphrasing George Bernard Shaw.

It's a great observation, though. Many are the public figures these days whose stock in trade is hurling mud. No reason to name names -- we can all think of several, I'm sure. And many are the reasons not to mention their names, seeing how without all those mentions they'd be reduced to finding honest work.

Shaw also said: "Never argue with an idiot, he'll only drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience." ☺

This is what can happen when threads like these pop up and continue. Even some here become enticed to give into the temptation of resorting to hurling similar insults (of course from a much more respectable position). Finally on the verge of resulting in another shameful exhibition that only leads to a battle of who can better make fun of each other between two very different forums. Perhaps we should consider how our actions can reflect poorly on this forum rather than attempting to top the flagrant contempt of others.
HD

Exactly. Leave it alone and forget it is best.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I think the high road is the way to go. The thread itself seems a bit contentious over there; it's far from the whole forum attacking us. And if it was, it's little of our business as it is their forum, not ours.

And if the *worst* thing that happens to me is being laughed at, I'll take it over the other bad things that could happen. I know that many people don't stop to think, "is this the kind thing to do?" before they act or speak.

The rebel in me wants to find some ill-fitting ugly vintage clothing and post a picture of myself in it. For kicks.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
The previous threads by new members (since banned) were designed to bait the membership here into a fight. And here we are, taking the bait ourselves. This is really not worth our time or a second thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn